Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#40627 08/22/02 11:24 AM
Grease Monkey
OP Offline
Grease Monkey
Hi all im new to the on-line club and i need your help. I store a 64 Chevy impala 4 door hard top. It has 70,000 miles on it and no rust. We have stored this car for 8 years in our shed. Now it needs a new paint job do to chipping, and a new exhaust system. The time is right to buy it but we dont know what to ask for it. Can you help me out? Thanks in advance! Chevy Guy

Wilwood Engineering1955-1957

Willwood Engineering

Wilwood Engineering designs and manufactures high-performance disc brake systems.
Wilwood Engineering, Inc. - 4700 Calle Bolero - Camarillo, CA 93012 - (805) 388-1188

Backyard Mechanic
Backyard Mechanic
For any of us out there that might want a car like that, it could be a loaded question...! yipp the lack of it) in the usual vunerable places - inner wheelwells, door bottoms, etc.

This should give some of us enough information to help you out.

ChatMaster - 2,000
ChatMaster - 2,000
I have to agree to agree with Ed this is a tough question. Four door cars in general of this era really don't comand the big money but if it is optioned out well, or a very nice original then the price can get up there. You will have to get yourself one of the price guides and make an honest evaluation of the car and take it from there. Even a car in need of a resto there can be a big difference. A 6 cylinder three speed, has very little interest, but the same four door with A/C, 327, Auto, ps, pb,pw, and seat , and on and on will bring out some buyers.
Good Luck!
John 348/340HP

John

1954 Belair Sport Coupe
1960 2 door Impala Hardtop 348/340HP 4spd
1962 2 door Impala Hardtop 409/409 4spd
1962 2 Door Biscayne Sedan 327/250 Auto
1977 Monza Mirage 305 4 Speed
1988 Celebrity Wagon
2018 GMC Sierra 2500 HD Diesel
Grease Monkey
OP Offline
Grease Monkey
Thanks for the prompt reply! I apologize for the lack of information on the 64 impala. The lady that we are storing the car for would like to sell the car but dosent know how much it is worth. We are thinking of buying it ourselves. Here is some more information. 64 Chevy impala original paint but some areas have had body work and paint over. Hood roof and trunk have very little paint left with some pin hole rust showing. Inner doors have some surface rust. under carage is good but could use paint or undercoating. Needs exahust system, Crome is excellent! Car has 283 V8 293 Horse Power with automatic transmission. INTEREOR: Seat sits low needs to be rewired. Does not have air conditioning. Has Power brakes/power steering. Possible new brake job needed.

If we were to rank this car, needs work but would say its in good conditiion. I hope that all this detailed information helps you on a fair price. THanks in advace. 48 Chevy GUy!!

Backyard Mechanic
Backyard Mechanic
Is this a pillerless four door or a post sedan ? and is the interior fabric in good shape ? and how about the trunk,floor and the area below where the spare tire lays , that all makes a big difference in the price . A nice four door hardtop in our area would sell for 2500 to 3000 dollars .By nice I mean good interior ,paint and driveing condition ,I bought a 63 four door hardtop a couple years ago for $600. it ran good had a nice interior but needed some body work and paint job also needed a total exhaust system.Hope this is some help. auto

woody
Backyard Mechanic
Backyard Mechanic
If it starts, runs, moves, and drives freely and with no problem, I'd say that it would be in a $1500~$1800 range. The extent of the past and potential body work will drive that range further up or downward.

If it's been in cold storage and needs work just to get it to turn over, then it would take a bit of negotiating with a knowledgable buyer who can assess what needs to be done. In that case, I think you'd have to start at about $1000, and be prepared to deal a bit down depending on what you or the buyer assess needs to be done.

That help?

Jim Offline
Shade Tree Mechanic
Shade Tree Mechanic

Jim
41 Special Deluxe
48 AD 1/2 ton
52 Suburban
69 Nova Coupe
63 Nova Convertible (daily driver)

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.