Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
63_SWC Offline OP
Shade Tree Mechanic
OP Offline
Shade Tree Mechanic
Very strange. I parked the 31 Coupe last night and everything was fine. I checked the oil and it was full and clean. This morning I back it out of the garage and there was so much coolant in the oil it was coming out the dipstick hole. Milky white liquid. It was 2 inches or more above the full mark.

What could have failed to cause this massive leak in a matter of 2 or 3 minutes ?????

I'm guessing an internal casting failure maybe from rust. I have no idea. It sure is not a small leak from a head gasket. I can't believe it filled the oil pan in a matter of a few minutes.

Sad face.

Join VCCA For Technical Help

VCCA members have access to a list of over 50 Technical Advisors who can help you with your car. It's worth the price of membership! While you can get a lot of information for free in this forum, sometimes the info that you REALLY need is only available from the right person. This is what "The World's Best Chevrolet Club" is all about!

JOIN THE VCCA TODAY!

Tech Advisor
ChatMaster - 25,000
Tech Advisor
ChatMaster - 25,000
For more response you should post this issue in the 1929-1932 forum.

laugh wink beer2

The Mangy Old Mutt

"If It's Not Junk.....It's Not Treasure!"
Shade Tree Mechanic
Shade Tree Mechanic
Sorry to hear about your problem. You could pressure check your coolant system, and try to pinpoint the leak. Pulling the spark plugs may also yield more information.

2001 Z-28
Arctic White 6-Speed
No Options
https://www.ChevroletBrothers.com/

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.