Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
ChatMaster - 6,000
OP Offline
ChatMaster - 6,000
Well, I might have known that if anything could go wrong on this thread right here, it would happen to me. Read on.

Last night it snowed here. We only got about an inch here in Fayetteville, NC. People a-slippin and a-sliding ever which away. Lots of folks in the ditch this morning according to the local radio. This stuff plays holy havoc on us who are not used to it. Police say to stay home if you don't really need to be out. That's me.

So I sitting here with several blankets on, no snow plow, no snow shovel, no pop-tarts and no furnice that eats pellets and gives off heat like CT does. Dang!

So I't thinking about what I've said recently about you folks up north. I don't know what the missus will fix for me to eat tonight but I could us a mess of fried crow. hood

Hope everyone stays warn and get through this cold spell alright.

Charlie computer

Join VCCA For Technical Help

VCCA members have access to a list of over 50 Technical Advisors who can help you with your car. It's worth the price of membership! While you can get a lot of information for free in this forum, sometimes the info that you REALLY need is only available from the right person. This is what "The World's Best Chevrolet Club" is all about!

JOIN THE VCCA TODAY!

ChatMaster - 2,000
ChatMaster - 2,000
Charlie, you're making me laugh. I sitting in my recliner right now in front of that pellet eating stove. Nice and toasty warm, drinking a cup of coffee and snacking on some home made cookies from gift packages left over from Christmas. I was out all day in a 85 military blazer plowing snow in our latest batch of the white stuff. Luckily it started as rain as we still got 10 inches but just a few miles away got 17". Being along the coast though means high tides and many places got a lot of coastal flooding. My house is far enough inland that I don't have that problem but of course, places along the ocean in NC see the same sort of thing at times. The weatherman is now saying we're going to be dropping to below zero for the next few days so my pellet eating monster is going to be very hungry. Hope you've got more than crow in your cupboards to eat. Stay warm my friend.

ChatMaster - 6,000
OP Offline
ChatMaster - 6,000
This here foul weather flooding the south is just more Northern Agresssion like in the 1860s.

Speaking of building some walls, maybe we need to build one right smack dab on the Mason-Dixon Line. Or on the canada border. That's where to trouble starts. I've had a belly-full of cold air coming down here from up there for this year.

I've begun looking around for one of those pellet heaters. Sounds like something that might be a real good thing to have. After all, how much does a sackfull of goat pellets go for? Not much as rabbit pellets, I'd bet. Either one has to be dirt cheap. Right?

Now about that a-plowing snow. Surely there is something indoors you can think of doing that is more rewarding, satisfying and not quite as stressful. Just ask the missus. luv2

Keep warm.

Charlie computer

ChatMaster - 6,000
OP Offline
ChatMaster - 6,000
Ingore this:

I was sitting here without a pellet heater but with a cup of hot chocolate and musing whilst being snowed in and the outside temperature in the teens. Mercy!

Anyway I was thinking about what my missus said when I ordered a cup of hot chocklate just now. She said I should try to get up off my a-- and get myself. We men don't need to take such back-talk form our misuses. Think about the following:

They are the ones who got us into trouble in the first place. Eating that apple.

They want to be in charge of the house. Fine. Then they should"

a. Take out the stinkin garbage. After all, it accumolates in the kitchen. Their territory. Right?

b. They should not harp on us to do anything with water. No steam ironing, no washing windows, no washing clothes (started when Eve said Adam's loin-cloth stunk and she washed it for him), no washing the car (they drive now) and no cooking what-so-ever. Any man who wears an aproln can't change the oil. Nope.

d. They should not ask us if what that frock they put on makes them look fat. There is no good answer for that. Youre asking for trouble if you answer truefully or lie. Think about it.

e. Never attest to the weight of their pocket-books. It will be heavy. Chewing gum, rudge, lip-stick, couple of candy bars, checkbook, pepper-spray, a gun, hand- granades, etc in there. You'll be surprised. Accordingly, you will be obligated to carry heavy darn thing for her into department stores and outside try-0n fitting stalls where you will be seen by your he-man associates. Fon't do it. (As wagon trains traveled west there were left along the trails, wash-stands, barrels, oxen, pianos, chests, vanities, and dancing slippers but never was there left behing a ladies purse. Go figure.)

f. If she has a sister, and she assks you about whether you think said sister is good-looking, don't answer. It could lead to more misory than you could imagine. Wil too!

g. Above all, do not give her anything for Christmas, Valentines Day, her birthday or weddding anniversary. Better to keep your money in you pocket and buy something for the Man-Cabe or for the old Chevrolet. (Once you give then anything after marrage they will expect it throughout eternity.) She will get over it; you being the hunk that sweep her off her feet and caused her to be smitten by your charm. After marriage whats the point? Saves money for more important things, like accessories for the car. Does too.

h. Use good locks on the Man-Cave. They will try to get in to find out what is such a draw as for you to ignor them. It's important they don't succeed. Booby-traps are not unheard of, but you didn't hear it here.

Charlie computer

BTW: It will not reflect on your good standing to show this to the missus. So, don't do it. Never ever. Remember they are smarter than you are and they are always skimming. Are to.

Agrin Agrin Agrin talk Agrin Agrin luv2 Agrin Agrin

ChatMaster - 2,000
ChatMaster - 2,000
Too funny Charlie. Or is it truth? I'll never tell!

ChatMaster - 1,000
ChatMaster - 1,000
Agree

1946 Chevy 3100 1/2 Ton Pickup Purchased 11/18/17 Sold 9/20
1948 Chevy Fleetmaster Coupe, Purchased 6/20/2010
1965 Chevy ll 350 Purchased Feb 2021. 3-speed Saginaw Hurst Floor Shifter 3.08 Rear End

2019 Ford Ranger Lariat Super Crew
ChatMaster - 6,000
OP Offline
ChatMaster - 6,000
NOtE: Do not read the following. You've been warned. So read at your own risk. My apologies in advance to all our friends canada across our northern border.

Well, it snowed here last night. Yep. Again. It was only about an inch. Read "a dusting" compared to our friends across our nothern border. We've closed schools, government offices (city, county and state). State patrol says stay home. I'm getting cabin fever already. I've had it. Something is going on. I just know it.

I think I have figured it all out though. It's the Canadians fault. canada Of all countries they have the highest literacy rate. So it's easy to figure that they are smart enough to pull off the senerio found below. Is too! Read more.

What I figure is going on is that they are in misery and want company. Yes. Think about it. What I think they do about it is this:

Each year around the start of winter they rent a cruise ship or two and make a run down to the Antarctic and recruit a load of penguins with a promise to them of having a good time. A vacation if you will. The Canadians tell those formal wearing birds that they will get a dollar a day and enjoy all the amenities of a super vacation.

Given their natural habitat, what bird in his right mind would turn down a deal like that. (The Canadians also assure them that there will be no time-share spiels and that the polar bears have never seen one and thus don't even know their edible. More incentive to sigh on) Read on.

Those Canadians then take the birds up to their super cooled, icy regions around the north pole and disembark them and let them stand around smoking for a few days or until their feet turn blue. Then they fly those whose feet are so cold that they start dancing down to the Canadian/US border. When they get there they put them in umbrellowed beach chairs with their big feet a-sticking way up in the air until their feet turn back to yellow. Heres the rub. Their cold feet super cool the air flowing down to the usa thus giving us more cold air than we can stand down here. Meanwhile the Canadians are laughing their heads off. Visualize it! Are too!

The penguins are cycled north to south in as their feet turn color. They are sent back and forth until the spring equinox. Then sufficient cruise ships are rented to take them back home just in time for winter down there. What a deal! wave

The penguins are happy with this deal because the Canadians feed them all the sardines and Pina colludes they can eat and drink and still get the one dollar a day. When they get back to Antarctica, just think, they can buy all the popsicles they want. They also think the little umbrellas a-sticking out of their drinks are right cute. beermugs

I'm going to write to the state department usa and see if they wont send a reconnaissance expedition up along the canada / usa border and have a little look see.

If it is appears there are a multitude of inexplicable tuxedos found along the canada side of the border then we'll know we're on the right track.

I ani't making this stuff up. What do you think?

Frozen Charlie computer

BTW: I'm just five miles from where I-95 passes through NC. I went out after the first snowfall and noted the license plates of the cars heading south. All the Canadian plates were all in the left-hand lane and passing everything as if they couldn't get away form canada fast enough. Who can blame them?

BTW2: The Canadians have thought about the mix of of the birds and decided to invite the male penguins only to embark on this travesty. That's owing to two things:

a. The missuses penguins have to watch the eggs and chicks and keep the habitat spick and span. They are good at it. Why mess with mothr nature?

b. And more importantly, if the Canadians took just the missuses then the clacking noise at the border would be so loud that even the Canadians to wouldn't be able to stand it. You know. willy

Agrin Agrin Agrin willy Agrin Agrin Agrin Agrin Agrin Agrin

ChatMaster - 3,000
ChatMaster - 3,000
Sorry I'm late to reply, Charlie... but my Personal Penguin was using the computer. You're on to us. Cancel the SR-71 flights over our country to check it out, I'll confess it all now. If only I could get the little bugger to keep the refrigerator door shut now. I think my hydro bill just doubled again...

Those accustomed to the finest...find it in Chevrolet.
1953 Belair Convertible
1951 2dr Deluxe Sedan
2015 GMC SLE 4X4
ChatMaster - 1,000
ChatMaster - 1,000
Charlie you have a warped mind, and I love it. I just ran across one of your stories from 2014 that I had printed out.
It was about PES (Performance Enhancing Stuff} It was a good one also.

1946 Chevy 3100 1/2 Ton Pickup Purchased 11/18/17 Sold 9/20
1948 Chevy Fleetmaster Coupe, Purchased 6/20/2010
1965 Chevy ll 350 Purchased Feb 2021. 3-speed Saginaw Hurst Floor Shifter 3.08 Rear End

2019 Ford Ranger Lariat Super Crew
ChatMaster - 7,000
ChatMaster - 7,000
Charlie being close to the border I know exactly what you are talking about. As a matter of fact sometimes when near the border I often play cards with my Canadian friends. (usually not high stakes). At a recent game one of those friends ran out of $$ and wanted to continue the game so he put up some of those penguins as collateral. Well as it happened he lost and I ended up with a dozen or so of them. Didn't know what to do with them so I loaded them into the back of my pick-up and my friends suggested taking them to the zoo. I thought that was a good idea and did that. The next day as I headed out a friend asked why the penguins were in the back of the truck again only this time with sunglasses and towels. I explained to him that they had such a good time at the zoo that today I would take them to the beach!!! No cabin fever here.

Last edited by m006840; 01/19/18 03:33 PM.

Steve D
ChatMaster - 6,000
OP Offline
ChatMaster - 6,000
Steve,

You're even nuttier than I am. Good one. Enjoyed it.

Thanks,

Charlie

ChatMaster - 6,000
OP Offline
ChatMaster - 6,000
The other day my little four year old great granddaughter came to visit. She was bundled up about as much as that little brother in the "A Christmas Story.: It was hard to tell if she was rolling or walking. She marched in with a scowl on her face. I said "Well, Lidia, you look nicely bundled up but it appears you are still cold." As she marched by me at the front door I heard her mumble something. I said "what did you say honey? She took the scarf away from her scowling face and loudly proclaimed "Stinkin' Canadians." At that, I gragged her by the arm and took her to the bathroom where I stuck a bar of soap into her mouth. I gave her a good lecture about saying nice things about our neighbors to the North. Where in the world did she get that?

Charlie computer

Last edited by 41specialdeluxe; 02/04/18 12:16 PM.
ChatMaster - 2,000
ChatMaster - 2,000
Just thought I'd post this: My in-laws live in the Villages in FL. At the top of their street a couple days ago, at 1:00am in the morning, one of the residents woke to what she thought was a intruder in the house. She found no one but kept hearing strange sounds in her house so she went to her front door and when she opened it, something was blocking it but she couldn't tell what it was. She then went to open the garage door but it wouldn't go up or again she couldn't get out (mother in law wasn't exactly clear on that) so she called 911 on her cell. When the police arrived they found her house had sunk into a one of 5 or 6 sinkholes that appeared all at the same time in the same general area! They had to break a window at the rear of the house (the only part out of the hole enough to get her out) and then the house continued to sink about 30' down! So, I'll stay sitting up here in my recliner, in snowy NE, in the cold, with that goat pellet eating, heat making stove, while those "sunturds" (my nickname for those constantly out in the FL sun, they're so brown and shriveled up that they look just like a turd) keep that FL to themselves! While I'm making light of the situation, it is pretty scary stuff and nothing to laugh at. She has not been allowed in the house since and the two houses next to her had to be evacuated plus the street is closed!

ChatMaster - 6,000
ChatMaster - 6,000
Christech Your mother in law is lucky she heard the odd noises in that case if the doors were blocked at that stage there wasnt much more time for her to be rescued, at 30ft it would be difficult to rescue much else.
Tony

1938 1/2 ton Hope to drive it before I retire
ChatMaster - 3,000
ChatMaster - 3,000
How could she ever be allowed in the house ...... if it sank 30 feet ?

1951 Chevy Styleline Deluxe 2 door sedan / purchased from second owner 6-19-2000.
ChatMaster - 6,000
OP Offline
ChatMaster - 6,000
Well, Chistech, some times it is just worth it to roll tlhe dice.

I wouldn't call those people turds but merely smart northerners. They weighed the plusses and minuses and come to the conclusion that it would be better to take the chance of suddely having a sinking feeling than the assurance of being stuck inside and sipping something and listening to the stove crackle. Agrin

Florida does have some sink holes but they are relatively few compared to the many benefits that come with a warm beaches, playgrounds, golf and bikinis year round. What does the north have? Answer: Freezing and Snow. Almost year-round . I could go on but ... you know. talk

Charlie computer

ChatMaster - 2,000
ChatMaster - 2,000
Originally Posted by 41specialdeluxe
Florida does have some sink holes but they are relatively few compared to the many benefits that come with a warm beaches, playgrounds, golf and bikinis year round. What does the north have? Answer: Freezing and Snow. Almost year-round . I could go on but ... you know. talk

Charlie computer

Here in New England we're only cold about 3-4 months a year. Hands down, we have the best seafood with real lobster (not the clawless spiny warm water ones), sweet bay scallops right off the beach, great soft shell clams, fresh cod, haddock, and the list goes on. Hell, half the boats from your state come up this way to fish for that reason. I live in the next town over to the #1 fishing port in the whole USA, including Alaska. We also don't have gators, brown recluse spiders, cotton mouths, or black widows. No fire ants, no scorpions, no black panthers, and no wild boa constrictors either. We have pristine spring water from the mountains, huge deer to hunt right out the back door, and four real seasons. We are badly infested with a particular political party but that is as far as I'll go as the moderator will holler at me. We do get 3-6 snow storms a year with one or two being on the big side and a few that don't amount to much. We can get hurricanes but it's far and few compared to a "few too many" that hit down south usually. Rarely do we get droughts, bugs infestations, or floods, but we're not immune to them.
I still can't be convinced that a few weeks of cold is worth moving away from NE when the grass seems a hell of a lot browner elsewhere. I can always put on clothes to get warm but once I'm stripped down to bare skin, I can't get any cooler. Another thing is now the south has a bunch of that political party infestation that's moved down there so I hope they keep going and I'll be staying here!
bana2 bana2

Last edited by Chistech; 02/19/18 11:08 PM. Reason: poor spelling!
tonyw #403792 02/19/18 11:10 PM
ChatMaster - 2,000
ChatMaster - 2,000
Originally Posted by tonyw
Christech Your mother in law is lucky she heard the odd noises in that case if the doors were blocked at that stage there wasnt much more time for her to be rescued, at 30ft it would be difficult to rescue much else.
Tony

The house was up the street from her, not her house.

ChatMaster - 6,000
ChatMaster - 6,000
Still lucky though.
Tony

1938 1/2 ton Hope to drive it before I retire
ChatMaster - 6,000
OP Offline
ChatMaster - 6,000
CT,

You have bragged to the point that I must post a come-back. So you have a total of the following:

a. Some lobsters (with claws)

b. Spring water. (from the mountains)

c. Soft-shell Clams. (I admit that I never herard of that food. Soft-shell crabs, yes but clams no)

d. Fresh Cod. (I thought they had been fished to extension. Hmmm)

e. Haddock (Never had that. But if it's like flounder we have a pleather a of them down here. Had a mess of them the other night.)

f. Deer (Really big ones) (Wow! Ours may not be as big but we have so many that they are a neusense.

Well, the above is about it. All the rest was things you didn't have. rolllaugh

Here is something we don't have much of down here. This was a Maine State Trooper. The gentleman he stopped didn't sound too much like a southerner. I'm not a linguist but the stopped individua's accent sounded just like my brother-in-laws's and he was from Boston. Agrin See the cite below:

Charlie computer

BTW: I have chosen to edit the above post. I merely want to point out that some of our polotiitions down here in the South are right on top of things. Just imagine the navy trying to pull a fast one on us. We are ever viligent for such gamesmanship. It is really hard to get something past our elected leaders. For instance:

Last edited by 41specialdeluxe; 02/20/18 07:17 PM.
ChatMaster - 1,500
ChatMaster - 1,500
Wow that State Trooper was very professional. It is hard to imagine it did not end up with night stick lumps.

Dave

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Support The VCCA!

Enjoy the forum? Become a VCCA member! The World's Best Chevrolet and GMC Club!

Member Photos
1964 Chevrolet Impala SS
1964 Chevrolet Impala SS
by DreamChevy, February 17
My 1933 Chevy 2 Dr. Sedan
My 1933 Chevy 2 Dr. Sedan
by 1939Chevy1, November 24
Back on the road 79 years later
2 1927 Chevrolet Trucks
2 1927 Chevrolet Trucks
by 1927TRUCKS, June 7
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 74 guests, and 8 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
NeilA, Jayhicks, Tomvanhouten, Dads29Chevy, Tractorman
18,308 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
SabrinaKarras, Speedy1
Forum Statistics
Forums58
Topics59,072
Posts429,077
Members18,308
Most Online1,133
Jan 22nd, 2020

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.