Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Backyard Mechanic
OP Offline
Backyard Mechanic
Well i need to get a new core, After 25 years of work it gave up, I took my radiator back to JJSmiths, in Sydney they did it last time, but didn't have my receipt strangely enough so we couldn't figure out the modern car it came out of which, would make it much cheaper, I have vague memories of it being from a light Toyota truck, but it's not enough , Has anyone got and experience of this, Ray

Filling Station - Chevrolet & GMC Reproduction Parts

Filling Station

Shade Tree Mechanic
Shade Tree Mechanic
Hi
I got mine from NatRad they just measured it and found a replacement that way.

Brian
Backyard Mechanic
Backyard Mechanic
My 28, which I recently sold after 25 years had about one cm of honecomb sliced off in front of a new core that came from a Holden of some sort. Of course this was done 25 years ago by a place at Smithfield and he has retired.Still it shouldn't be a problem.

Backyard Mechanic
OP Offline
Backyard Mechanic
Thanks Terry, Do you remember if it was a late model Holden or 60's . The 28 is one of the tallest cores I think il have to go to a wrecker and measure up cars to find one, No one knows anything if it's not got a part number . Ray

Backyard Mechanic
Backyard Mechanic
Long time ago. I thought it was from an 80's V8 Holden. Sideways?

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.