Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Shade Tree Mechanic
OP Offline
Shade Tree Mechanic
Work, order a part, work some more, hit a road block, figure it out, forget about the project for 6 months, continue on........and so on for the last few years. Fortunately I have kept forging ahead and have refrained from tossing everything thing in a box for sale :)
---------------
I should have had the head looked at when I had the machine work done on the block but the budget requires many more steps and time than a typical restoration. It had a crack between three valves. I was referred to a shop that repaired lots of these (from my local shop) and he was able to get mine fixed --it pressure tested fine and the cracks did not make it to the seats...Ill keep my fingers crossed.
----------
>>My radiator is in pretty poor shape and Ive been looking into options. My car is all original but I'm considering an aluminum replacement---any feedback?? Ill still keep my original around

Thanks!

Last edited by 36chev4DR; 08/29/17 05:35 PM.

Joel
1936 Chevrolet Master Deluxe 4dr Sedan (Non Trunk)
VCCA 50
Filling Station - Chevrolet & GMC Reproduction Parts

Filling Station

ChatMaster - 3,000
ChatMaster - 3,000
If it were me, I'd use the radiator until it proved that it was not working well enough.

But then again, I like using old stuff!

Cheers, Dean

Dean 'Rustoholic' Meltz
old and ugly is beautiful!

ChatMaster - 1,000
ChatMaster - 1,000
Be sure it's in restorable/repairable condition. I had one shop tell me it was good. After a boil, flush, paint, $$$, and reinstall. I still overheated. Another shop pressure tested and found the tanks too thin to service and she was pushing 30% at best.

ChatMaster - 3,000
ChatMaster - 3,000
Originally Posted by 36chev4DR
Work,----------
>>My radiator is in pretty poor shape and Ive been looking into options. My car is all original but I'm considering an aluminum replacement---any feedback?? Ill still keep my original around

Thanks!

talk to WALKER RADIATOR in memphis Tenn or that general area.
They make radiators for street rods that require a lot of cooling for the V8 they are cooling.

You would probably have to supply them with the top hose outlet size and also the bottom outlet size to fit your stock connections. Pictures of yours would help them see whats needed.

mike lynch............. hood

ChatMaster - 1,000
ChatMaster - 1,000
Beware, truck, master, and standard were all different on my 35. I've seen them on Amazon at discounted prices. Far and few between though.

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.