Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
ChatMaster - 3,000
ChatMaster - 3,000
so raycycled what was the result of all this frantic work.

Blow up the motor ?

mike Agrin

Filling Station - Chevrolet & GMC Reproduction Parts

Filling Station

Backyard Mechanic
OP Offline
Backyard Mechanic
Hi Mike did not realise I had not replied to you, No car went very well,the SU carbies made a big difference, hope to race it later this year, Ray

ChatMaster - 1,000
ChatMaster - 1,000
Good to hear it went well. Looks like it has been 3 years since you put that together. Have you done any modifications to it since then? Also the links to your original photos no longer works. Seems like some other posts where the pictures are uploaded to the forum stay in the post. Art

Backyard Mechanic
OP Offline
Backyard Mechanic
I have got the new body and running gear just about finished, Going to either ake 8 kg off the flywheel or find a later version that will fit , Dished higher compression pistons and working onan oil fed t the bottom end, Also have a 32 front drumbrake set up I will fit much bigger than the 28 brakes , Ray
https://www.instagram.com/p/CB4VJK9D9tm/

ChatMaster - 1,000
ChatMaster - 1,000
That looks great. About the flywheel, I had the machinist take about 15 to 20 pounds off of my 29 flywheel/pressure plate when I put that together last year. A few years ago I talked to a fellow who put together a 28 speedster. He turned down the flywheel and made it flat all the way across like a more modern one. Then you drill the flat face with your pressure plate of choice, whether it be Borg Warner, or a common one like off of a later 216. It does make the engine more responsive but at slower rpm there will be more vibration especially if you increase the compression. You may have to fit a vibration dampener like off of a '30 6 cylinder. I have sourced 4 connecting rods from a Continental engine to play around with. This fellow may even have a drilled crankshaft for full pressure bearings. Not sure I will go that far as the cam bearing pockets are filled by oil spray. I enjoy seeing your posts. Art

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.