Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
jim_Del Offline OP
Backyard Mechanic
OP Offline
Backyard Mechanic
When I restored my cabriolet, the seat system was missing. In time found the rails, side lever, wood pattern, etc. and now have it in place. What seems to be incorrect is the fact that the seat rotates up from the rear when you lift it. Question, what keeps the seat from doing this? I recently bought a part listed for the 32 seat which had a piece of metal that looked like a picture frame eyelet but much larger and heavier that was threaded on one end. It inturn screwed into another small metal plate. How was this used?

Last edited by jim_Del; 04/09/17 06:25 PM.
Filling Station - Chevrolet & GMC Reproduction Parts

Filling Station

ChatMaster - 3,000
ChatMaster - 3,000
oh you really need to furnish pictures of this one for questions answers.

Hopefully somebody with a cabriolet will know exactly what your talking about and respond here.

mike newangel

jim_Del Offline OP
Backyard Mechanic
OP Offline
Backyard Mechanic
Would love to but have yet to master the art of adding pictures.

ChatMaster - 3,000
ChatMaster - 3,000
ya , me too, tried 4-5 times. Other sites are so easy.

Your not alone

mike hood

ChatMaster - 2,000
ChatMaster - 2,000
My 32' Oldsmobile deluxe convertible roadster (actually a cabriolet) has the same seat mechanism as the 32' Chevy cabriolet. The wood seat frame has the two short gear rails with two gears connected by a rod across the bottom of the seat which adjusts the seat a few inches forward and back. The seat adjuster lever is mounted on the drivers side connected to the gear wheel. On the rear corners of the wood seat frame are two rollers that ride on two pieces of metal that are attached on the front corners of the metal floor pan under the seat. The seat frame will lift up in the back if you pull up on it. There is nothing I know of to hold the back of the seat frame down to the floor. I too thought that was a little strange but that seems to be how they were. I do not have the "picture hanger" part you described. Not sure if I should or not. Hopefully someone with a cabriolet will comment.

Last edited by Chistech; 04/10/17 11:40 PM.
ChatMaster - 3,000
ChatMaster - 3,000
you just described the seat slider mechanism for my 1935 chev standard series 3 window coupe.

At the very rear of the metal piece under the side wood frames is a U channel that keeps the seat sliding straight forward and back.

Mounted back there on the floor is 2 white cast metal pieces that the U channel slides on, this keeps the back of the seat bottom anchored to the floor. If they are hooked up it is impossible to lift the seat bottom.

Because your car is a cabriolet model and made by FISHER BODY , same as my coupe , appears they use the same parts by your description.

mike hood

jim_Del Offline OP
Backyard Mechanic
OP Offline
Backyard Mechanic
This explanation helps a lot. I can't imagine how the world survived in 1932 without OSHA, Consumer protection Agency, etc. etc. Jim

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.