Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#380473 12/16/16 03:14 PM
ChatMaster - 3,000
OP Offline
ChatMaster - 3,000
Is it a coincidence that Engineering Enterprises, "the company contracted to build the wood kit was housed in the same building, built by Fisher brothers, owners of Fisher Body Co,??

You will see the address on the installation manual

[Linked Image from i563.photobucket.com]

Fisher Building, Detroit Michigan

Last edited by chef-chevy; 12/16/16 03:16 PM.
Filling Station - Chevrolet & GMC Reproduction Parts

Filling Station

ChatMaster - 25,000
ChatMaster - 25,000
From what I read they merely rented office space in the building and had to connection with GM or Fisher Body.

That led folks to believe it was acnnected to Chevrolet.

Last edited by Chev Nut; 12/16/16 06:23 PM.

Gene Schneider
ChatMaster - 3,000
OP Offline
ChatMaster - 3,000
So if there was a connection with the 2 companies could have GM-Fisher Body contracted Engineered Enterprises To build the Country Club Trim Package....If not who did???

ChatMaster - 25,000
ChatMaster - 25,000
I am sure they didn't but the main thing is there was no documentaion that it was offered as an approved Chevrolet accessory. Thats what it take to make an accessory "legal". Many accessories were made for Chevrolet by other companies, approved by Chevrolet, given an accessory (or part) number and listed in the parts book and other advertising.

To be clear I have/had nothing to do with the decision to aprove or reject the kit from judging so don't shoot the messenger.

Also I would play down the subject hoping that judges will not be aware the next time the car is judged. Kinda like a Fulton visor. Sometimes they can't see the forest because of the trees.

Gene Schneider
ChatMaster - 750
ChatMaster - 750
iagree

dick

ChatMaster - 3,000
ChatMaster - 3,000
I judged a Country Club Aerosedan at a Central Meet a couple of years ago, and just skipped over it. I realized the arguments for and against accepting it as an acceptable GM offering at the time I judged it. It's one of those things that that will never be decided because there are two distinct sides to the argument of whether or not it's acceptable. We can discuss it till we're blue in the face, and there will still be two sides.

My reason for ignoring it... They are a rare car (the original ones) and I wouldn't want to make someone with one feel like they were being discriminated against by docking them points. Maybe if it came down to a tie breaker between two top point cars for a best of show, I'd think of docking a car... but not when judging a car against itself for a Jr, Sr, or Preservation award. Just my own opinion... and I would judge a Yenko, El Morocco, Napco, or any other like optioned car the same way.

Those accustomed to the finest...find it in Chevrolet.
1953 Belair Convertible
1951 2dr Deluxe Sedan
2015 GMC SLE 4X4
ChatMaster - 3,000
OP Offline
ChatMaster - 3,000
Thank you Bruce

ChatMaster - 6,000
ChatMaster - 6,000
Bruce,

Are you saying you skipped the whole car and didn't judge it?

Or, rather, that you did judge it but ignored the wood?

Your post was somewhat confusing. rolllaugh

If it was the latter and you merely skipped over the wood and assumed that underneath it the car was the same condition as the rest of it then that would be a right good way to do it if you didn't know what to do in the first place. But risky. Heres why:

I think maybe CC's lovely car is a mess underneath the wood. Probably been hit on one side by a 4[ MD and the other side by a 30 Master. And never repaired. The owner merely opted for the kit in lieu of shelling more bucks for the body repair. Tell me, CC, do the doors closely enough that you don't worry about the beer bottles a-rollin out when you make a hard turn? Hmmm? Agrin

Next tome its judged offer to take the door panel off in order to promote full disclosure. Agrin

Charlie : computer

BTW: Gene mirrors my thoughts about giving the Fulton a pass and still docking the wood. Unfair? You bet! To me that is a practice that makes me itch where I can't scratch. dance2

ChatMaster - 3,000
ChatMaster - 3,000
Thank You for the great idea's Charlie : Computer

The wood kit could save me hours of prep work before repainting...And the beer bottles...? Pure genius...! Include some "post-it's" saying, "Take one, please...!" To distract the judges from even noticing the Fulton...!

I Don't know what we'd do without your awe inspiring advice...And I'm with you Charlie...We should add another Forum...We could call it "Like Charlie computer Says" : Or "More Good Advice From Charlie computer "...!

As for the rest of these guy's...Don't let them bother you, Charlie...They said Einstein was crazy, too...Well, maybe they didn't...Whatever...!

To Everyone Here : Warm Wishes for the Holidays and a Merry Christmas to All...!

1947 Fleetmaster Sport Coupe VCCA # 47475

If it's not wearing a Bowtie...It's not properly dressed...!
Shade Tree Mechanic
Shade Tree Mechanic
How many show & shine classes are there for any given model year like 1948?

I was just wondering if adopting and tweaking to suit vcca needs some of what Classic Chevy International used for classes could draw more interest in the events.

They had a Modified class that was limited to only one major (but still basically stock in appearance) change. Pretty much the same as what you do now except with engine and the paint flexible. If say that the country club wood was the only change, that car would be placed there.

Restored and Original classes would have paint matching the cowl tag #'s and correct year drive train. They were supposed to be "matching number" engine, trans and rear but many were only from the model year.

After Modified came Custom and Full Custom but vcca need not bother with those unless they want to. Plus all classes were divided into Trailered and Driven - but they were only dealing with three years so that might not work for you.

Also further divided by Junior and Senior which you already do.

ChatMaster - 6,000
ChatMaster - 6,000
BW25

As to the use of Classic in the old car genre I think all clubs should respect the CCCA (Classic Car Club of America) and not use the capitalized form of the "C."

Accordingly, the spelling for all other clubs should not use the word Classic. They could use classic (lower case"c" if they wanted to but that may cause a problem.

Classic with the capitalized "C" is banded about much too ofter in old car circles and shows disrespect for the CCCA.

While our cars may be antique (over 100) or vintage they are not Classics unless they meet the criteria recognized by the CCCA. No stinkin YUGO is a Classic. See?

Thanks,

Charlie computer

Shade Tree Mechanic
Shade Tree Mechanic
Nothing to see there. I keep that comet skyshield on our 48 just because every time I see it, I know it bothers you :)

ChatMaster - 6,000
ChatMaster - 6,000
BW,

You're a such a pal, you know that? Those 47/49 aeroseadans are beautiful cars, especially when equipped with the Clountry Club trim option. (I.m streatching option, here I know. But dang those car so equipped are just so beautiful that I can't get over it. bonk

As to the sun visor, I truly can't think of a better way to degrade the beauty of a pre 1950-52 than to add one of those stinkin things. And, I can't think of a better way tu upgrade a 47/48 than to add the optional Cuntry Club wood trim. luv2

Point of view here: If something is so acknowledged as a great item of accessory for one of out old Chevrolets as the Country Club wood trim how come the powers to be don't recognize it and accept it? This notion that this trim package is unacceptable is min-boggling. Is too! It just doesn't make any sense.

If it were accepted it would start a whole bunch of vendors copying the wood trim in order to fill all the request from buyers. Every 46-48er who could afford it would have a set. You can/could count on it. dance

Charlie computer

BTW: I think the board/commettie in charge of approving or disaproving the CC woulld trem should consult me on this issue. Consulting the owners who don't have the CC would trim would vote against it because they would see it as unfair competion. All the blue hairs may have a point there. They should consult with those who don't have an iron in the fire such as all who do not own 46-48sAgrin

ChatMaster - 3,000
ChatMaster - 3,000
Point of view here: If something is so acknowledged as a great item of accessory for one of out old Chevrolets as the Country Club wood trim how come the powers to be don't recognize it and accept it? This notion that this trim package is unacceptable is min-boggling. Is too! It just doesn't make any sense.

And there lies the issue, the C.C. wood trim was never acknowledged as a great item of accessory, by Chevrolet.

1951 Chevy Styleline Deluxe 2 door sedan / purchased from second owner 6-19-2000.
Shade Tree Mechanic
Shade Tree Mechanic
Why your authorities changed it (if in fact it was a formal change and not just correcting a bad practice) would be only be speculation on my part.

IMHO Addressing "unfair competition" - That must be accomplished long before a car ever drives on the field and access to all relevant information made available to the membership. In addition everyone, judges and entrants alike must be made to understand, the only competition going on is between the vehicle and its judging sheet. Pitting car v. car is just an open invitation for disputes, misunderstandings and hard feelings. The most difficult and least understood premise with the original, restored and modifieds was the classes themselves are in no way a reflection of the car's worth... "They are what they are".
Well, at least that's how it was in the ccci when I was a judge. Probably picked the name Classic because when they first started out, none of tri-fives were over 25 years old. In 1961 I don't know if the vcca even considered your 41 an antique yet. :)

ChatMaster - 6,000
ChatMaster - 6,000

BW,

Good point but I still don't like it. If anything the wood should merely just be ignored and not deducted any points.

Now the following is pure tee nonsense. Don't read it.

Something as ugly as a Fulton on a Chevrolet up to 1949/50 should result in the owner's car not being allowed on the field. On top of that, all pre-50s cars should be closely scrutinized to determine if there is even a scintilla of evidence that of ever having a Fulton installed. And, any attempt to sneak evidence of a Fulton ever having been mounted should result in the owner having to write on a blackboard 100 times: "I will not ever again mount a Fulton, et al, on my car and will turn-in anyone who promotes Fultons or has a car that has had or has one on it."

The culprit should have to sign a statement to the effect as follows: Violation of the above statements will result in me being drummed out of the club with no reinstatement possible, ever and ever throughout eternity. newangel

A trusted committee from another VCCA club should be formed to witness this punishment. (you can imagine many reasons why) idea

And, whilst the culprit is writing on the blackboard, his missus should be made to tend a wash-pot full of hot soapy water and wash and scrub and dry the club's potentate's and other officer's sneakers. Laces too are to be washed and dryed and restrung in the sneakers. There is no need for the missus to return the sneakers to the Potentate's feet. bike

Note: Replacing the sneakers on the Potentate's, et al, feet: That there right there would be a bit too much and come close to cruel and unusual punishment. After all she has already married the man. Oh, the shame. Agrin

How about them apples? Agrin

Charlie computer

BTW: Don't get me started.

ChatMaster - 3,000
OP Offline
ChatMaster - 3,000
So Charlie most the Fulton's out there are repro's...Will I receive more lashes seeing's how mine is original???

Shade Tree Mechanic
Shade Tree Mechanic
Since your apples are all hat and no cattle, I like 'em just fine.

They're likely just a cheap coward's subterfuge to incite reason for judging recusal. Oh sure... let all your brother and sister judges do all the work while you sit and sip libations in the shade. Any club members wishing to form a Tar Heel and feathers commitee would certainly be justified.

chevychef's car really is beautiful but I still can't help but wonder if both of you are just dealing with terminal cases of Chrysler Town and Country ragtop envy. :)

Shade Tree Mechanic
Shade Tree Mechanic
Ooops... make that chef-chevy's car

I hate this blasted self-correcting spelling, you just never know what it will think of next.

ChatMaster - 6,000
ChatMaster - 6,000
BW,

I'm just trying to stir up trouble. You read that crap stuff I wrote, huh? Agrin

I do like the wood trim and the Chrysler's with it were beautiful cars.

Charlie computer

Shade Tree Mechanic
Shade Tree Mechanic
Well of course you're kidding, however trouble comes so easily to me I can't imagine why anyone need try. Chevnut had a classic one I guess went right over most heads.

I like the CT&C too but probably trade it for a '37 MD Coupe with a dual quad Studillac and vintage air. Might even be enough $ left over to catch a few vcca events if I just drop a Studillac in the '48 and tell everyone it's an ultra-rare pace car edition. :)

ChatMaster - 3,000
ChatMaster - 3,000
I just recently noticed someone on eBay call your visor a "comet"...Had never heard that before...And I have a Pecket Visor...Same stainless steel type...Of course I keep it hidden in the garage...Lord knows what Charlie might say if it ever saw the light of day...

ChatMaster - 3,000
OP Offline
ChatMaster - 3,000
If Charlie wants something that really deserves abuse, he can beat down the 1948 accessary exhaust extension

ChatMaster - 3,000
ChatMaster - 3,000
Hi, Bruce...! Merry Christmas...!

Exhaust extension...Hmmm, is that the one that looks sorta like a frog's paw...?

ChatMaster - 3,000
OP Offline
ChatMaster - 3,000
Correct

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.