Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#379054 11/21/16 07:50 PM
Backyard Mechanic
OP Offline
Backyard Mechanic
Refering to a 48 Fleetmaster sports sedan.
Some 10 years ago I purchased my 48 as a project car from a gentleman who was buying and selling old cars from his backgarden.The complete interior was striped out and the front seats were completely gone,the back seats were still there but in a very bad condition. I found the front seats and some other parts from someone who had a donor 4 door car for his 2 door coupe.I asked around for offers for a complete interior and I got prices that should be more appropriate for an 8 seat private jet so I forgot about it. crazy
I asked some dealers in the USA for a set of seat covers the price was reasonable but by the time I had them here in The Netherlands after paying shipping mport taxes and 19% value added tax the price should be 350% higher and the materials should not be the correct ones in anyway.
After that I decided to compromise and try doing it all by myself.I got a NORS set of vinyl seat covers They were ment for a 210 Chevy for a nice price from eb..!!. plus a few yards of modern vinil and headliner material.Using an old sewing machine I manage to make a complete interior. It looks ok from 25 feet away!! freak
The rest of the car other than a modern carb a battery and tyres is the same as it left the factory.I should like to slowly get the interior as near to the proper specifications too.
Now my question is : Is there a company or an individual who sells blueprints for seat covers? So I can try to find the correct cloth and make the seats look proper.
Thank you in advance

Jianis driving

ChatMaster - 2,000
ChatMaster - 2,000
Hi Jianis, The only advice I have is to check with the Hampton Coach Company. Here is their website http://www.hamptoncoach.com/interior.htm They specialize in interior reproduction work.

Good luck, Mike

Hampton Coach Company

Mike 41 Chevy
ChatMaster - 1,000
ChatMaster - 1,000
LeBarron Bonney a.k.a. Hampton Coach also offers catalogs of just upholstery material sold by the yard, so you could sew your own and save money over buying a fitted set.

Rick

"Never time to do it right the first time, but always time to do it over."
Backyard Mechanic
OP Offline
Backyard Mechanic
Mike

I know Hampton Coach is supposed to be the best in reproducing vintage car interiors but It should cost a fortune on shipping and taxes on top of the *normal* price wink.

Rick

Thanks for the tip. I did not realize Hampton sells upholstery by the yard.I guess that should be the best option making my own covers.

Jianis driving

ChatMaster - 1,000
ChatMaster - 1,000
Also, a local upholster should be able to make a correct set.

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.