Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Shade Tree Mechanic
OP Offline
Shade Tree Mechanic
I live in Hamden, Ct. Anybody know someone who works on vintage cars, in the New Haven, Ct. area? Ed

ChatMaster - 2,000
ChatMaster - 2,000
Hi Ed,

Welcome to our chat site.

What is your mechanical background? What issues are concerns? Do you have a manual for the car? Here are some answers in past posts on this topic.

My New 42

Need Mechanic for 39

I used our SEARCH process to find them. Here is a post on doing a search. Search Funcion Tips

Good luck, Mike

P.S. I have a 1941 2 door Master Town Sedan. I have had the car for 13 years and am finishing a frame off restoration I started 3 years ago. Call me if you want to talk with someone about your car.
989-832-7634

Last edited by Mike Buller; 11/27/16 12:47 PM.

Mike 41 Chevy
Shade Tree Mechanic
OP Offline
Shade Tree Mechanic
Thanks for reply. I have limited experience. I'm 82 years old with sore aging arms. Need someone to adjust or fix clutch. Rides high before it engages. Driving me nuts. Ed

ChatMaster - 2,000
ChatMaster - 2,000
Hi Ed,

Thanks for purchasing your 41 Chevy and at 82 having the spirit and will to enjoy a new adventure. You are a model to a lot of us younger 68 year olds that wonder if we will still have the love for old cars, that this fine hobby offers, at your age. Here is the 41 shop manual. Page 196 shows how to adjust the pedal.
1941 shop Manual
Page 196

This adjustment should be easily done by an average mechanic if you show him the manual.

If your problem is the length of the pedal (it sticks up higher than the brake pedal) then you are probably missing the rubber bumper that is installed on the clutch pedal. The bumper is installed near the top of the pedal and can be seen in the engine compartment next to the fire wall. The brake pedal should also have a bumper.

[Linked Image from i1321.photobucket.com]

You can order the bumpers from Chevs of the 40's

Brake and clutch bumpers

Good luck, Mike

Mike 41 Chevy
Shade Tree Mechanic
OP Offline
Shade Tree Mechanic
Thanks, Mike, for your input. Luckily, when I bought the car, it came with that shop manual you recommended SO, I'll go to my mechanic and hope he can do it. Ed

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.