Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#378501 11/10/16 08:55 PM
kuchak Offline OP
Grease Monkey
OP Offline
Grease Monkey
Hello,

I'm a newbie. In the FAQs it says the best way to see if your question has already been answered is to search for it using the search function. However if I try that it says "you do not have permission to use the search function". I did register.

Become a Member!

JOIN THE VCCA and get access to the member-only features of the forum, including the ability to upload photos. You'll also receive our monthly magazine "Generator & Distributor". Yearly membership as low as $25!

ChatMaster - 15,000
ChatMaster - 15,000
In order to help prevent SPAMMERS spam all new folks registered on Chevy Chatter are limited for their first three posts. On the fourth post there "Chat World" magically expands. So I suggest asking a couple more questions or make a few comments to get the "shackles" loosened. You only have two more to go.

How Sweet the roar of a Chevy four!
kuchak Offline OP
Grease Monkey
OP Offline
Grease Monkey
Thanks. Maybe they should tell you that in the FAQs.

ChatMaster - 3,000
ChatMaster - 3,000
Hi kuchak,

Welcome to the site! This certainly is the BEST place to get information about vintage Chevrolets!

I agree that the FAQs should include more information regarding new folks' privileges.

In addition to what Chipper mentioned, in order to use the Search Function you have to be a member of the VCCA. Using Search is one of the many benefits that come with being a VCCA member. For example, you get access to the membership roster, access to hundreds of technical articles, and get an award-winning monthly magazine.

Cheers, Dean

Dean 'Rustoholic' Meltz
old and ugly is beautiful!

Grease Monkey
Grease Monkey
Originally Posted by Rustoholic
... in order to use the Search Function you have to be a member of the VCCA. Using Search is one of the many benefits that come with being a VCCA member.
Really?
What is the logic behind this requirement?

ChatMaster - 15,000
ChatMaster - 15,000
I hope that all read this as positive information. It is intended to be just that. If it requires modification or alteration to be positive either instruct the powers that be to eliminate or edit it.

The establishment, administration and maintenance of "Chevy Chatter" cost real money and volunteer time. So the rationale or logic behind reserving a few privileges to VCCA members, who incidentally are the sole monetary as well as the majority of information support, is to encourage others to join us. Anyone registered can participate on many of the forums. We hope that non-members decide that the advantages of VCCA membership overcome their desire to get as much for free as they can. There are plenty of other benefits to VCCA membership.

How Sweet the roar of a Chevy four!
Grease Monkey
Grease Monkey
Thank you for the clarification. No negative impressions here. It's an approach that I've not encountered at other forums, but I see nothing wrong with it.

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.