Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Grease Monkey
OP Offline
Grease Monkey
I have several GM bumper jacks that measure only 29 inches on the shaft. They are the finger type, that is , no seperate hook , the finger is located right on the head of the jack and they were designed to insert into a bumper slot. GM started using this style jack in the early 70's.
My question is this ....what makes /models would use such a relatively short shaft of 29 inches?? I am thinking must be a compact model, any ideas???
First time forum user , appreciate any help you can give.
Steve

Wilwood Engineering1955-1957

Willwood Engineering

Wilwood Engineering designs and manufactures high-performance disc brake systems.
Wilwood Engineering, Inc. - 4700 Calle Bolero - Camarillo, CA 93012 - (805) 388-1188

Grease Monkey
OP Offline
Grease Monkey
Nobody answered my question yet......would there be a reference source that I could locate that would have dimensions of the bumper jacks?
I know the Camaro jack is suppose to be 32 inches, but have no idea what the 29 inch shaft would be for???
Would really appreciate any ideas on where to look for this info.
Thanks again.
First time member,
Steve

ChatMaster - 15,000
ChatMaster - 15,000
You might check with Larry Olson in Iowa. He did a lot of research on car jacks for all kinds of vehicles. Sorry don't have contact information. Maybe someone else has an address or phone number. Might not still be around as he is older than I.

How Sweet the roar of a Chevy four!
Grease Monkey
OP Offline
Grease Monkey
Thanks for the info on the IOWA guy.....would anybody else out there have his contact info to share with me????

Steve

Oil Can Mechanic
Oil Can Mechanic
Sorry, I don't have any info on jack lengths. Maybe another place to try would be the Hollander Interchange used by junkyards to search part fitment & compatability. Sometimes they have sizes listed in there and it will tell you what fits. Good luck, hope you're able to narrow it down.

Last edited by Daryl Scott; 04/05/16 12:03 PM.

-Daryl Scott #45848
1947 Chevrolet Fleetline Sportmaster Sedan
1976 Chevrolet C20 Fleetside

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.