Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
jim_Del Offline OP
Backyard Mechanic
OP Offline
Backyard Mechanic
Questions: Where might I find the two paste on reproduction emblems that are glued to inside of the potter trunk lid? I saw one for sale some time ago but failed to win it on E bay. Second, how much should an original restored potter trunk (coupe, cabriolet, roadster model) sell for these days?

Filling Station - Chevrolet & GMC Reproduction Parts

Filling Station

ChatMaster - 7,000
ChatMaster - 7,000
Not sure how much they should sell for but I know someone that purchased a NOS one and gave $2000.00 for it.

Steve D
Backyard Mechanic
Backyard Mechanic
Originally Posted by jim_Del
Questions: Where might I find the two paste on reproduction emblems that are glued to inside of the potter trunk lid?

Filling Station D-567

Doug
Tech Advisor
ChatMaster - 25,000
Tech Advisor
ChatMaster - 25,000
Nice Potter trunks are going for anywhere between $1,500 and $2,500.

laugh wink beer2

The Mangy Old Mutt

"If It's Not Junk.....It's Not Treasure!"
jim_Del Offline OP
Backyard Mechanic
OP Offline
Backyard Mechanic
Thanks again gentlemen, off to the Filling Station Monday. Will probably be listing the Potter sometime this week. Jim

rjp Offline
ChatMaster - 750
ChatMaster - 750
Were you able to get the correct rubber seal and the card board linning and latch?

jim_Del Offline OP
Backyard Mechanic
OP Offline
Backyard Mechanic
Yes on the seal but have not addressed cardboard, and don't understand the question on the latch. I bought the restored Potter trunk from a gentleman from Connecticut several years ago. Subsequently I saw and purchased an un-restored trunk which I elected to restore and keep myself. By the way, thanks to everyone for suggesting I use an available trim for the chrome strips around the trunk, they worked wonderfully on the trunk I restored myself. In any case, I will be putting up for sale the other Potter without an interior lining unless someone out there sells the material. Again regarding the latch, there is one in each trunk although a locksmith will need to make a key for the one for sale. Jim

Oil Can Mechanic
Oil Can Mechanic
where did you get the rubber seal?

jim_Del Offline OP
Backyard Mechanic
OP Offline
Backyard Mechanic
Interesting question. The trunk I restored with the bendable plastic chrome (it looks great!) and not for sale, has rubber trim I bought either from steel, or the filling station I can't recall which. The one for sale had the trim already installed and is smaller and continuous around the trunk. It looks to be more original although obviously installed when the trunk was restored by the Connecticut owner. Jim

Grease Monkey
Grease Monkey
One for sale on Ebay.

http://r.ebay.com/bMRwuk

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.