Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Oil Can Mechanic
OP Offline
Oil Can Mechanic
These go from inside the car in the convertible top well and screw on to the bolts in the belt moulding underneath and on each side of the convertible top rear window. When installed, these barrel nuts (sometimes called sleeve nuts) look like a chromed, slotted screw. The bolt in the moulding is attached to a 1" square flat metal piece that can slide in the moulding.

My fasteners are worn and two of them are not quite long enough (threads are worn). Does anybody have a source for the bolt and/or the nut?

Worse comes to worse I will make them, but if someone else has solved this problem and has extras to sell, I would be glad to spend my time on the many other things my tour car needs.

Jim

Filling Station - Chevrolet & GMC Reproduction Parts

Filling Station

ChatMaster - 10,000
ChatMaster - 10,000
Jim, I have found several barrel nuts at Lowes in the speciality fastener bins, some were steel and others had an aluminum barrel nut. I also found the knurled brass 8-32 nuts that fit on top of the sparkplugs in a 1928 Chevrolet engine there.....

Life's a long winding trail, love Jesus and ride a good horse!

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.