Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Shade Tree Mechanic
OP Offline
Shade Tree Mechanic
I'm looking for information on the correct hardware for mounting the radiator to the shroud for my '51 Special Deluxe. Also, what are the correct hose clamps?

Filling Station - Chevrolet & GMC Reproduction Parts

Filling Station

Shade Tree Mechanic
OP Offline
Shade Tree Mechanic
Well I didn't get any responses to my question about the clamps and mounting hardware, but I did find the proper clamps by continuing to search online (FS & Chevs40's were out). I'm putting my car back together with what I believe to be correct. If anybody could let me know for certain, I can change them out.

Backyard Mechanic
Backyard Mechanic
Mike, could you please let us know what car you have? There was no Special Deluxe made by Chev. The Special was the series that came with very little extras (stainless trim, two-tone dash etc.)and the Deluxe was the upscale series with all the extras (fancier upholstery, fender skirts etc).

Shade Tree Mechanic
OP Offline
Shade Tree Mechanic
Sorry, it's a Styline Deluxe 4dr Sedan. Guess that's what I get for trying to be in too much of a hurry!

Backyard Mechanic
Backyard Mechanic
Ahhh!! That sounds much better!!

ChatMaster - 25,000
ChatMaster - 25,000
The "under hood" parts are the same for all 1950 models. The hose clamps sold by the Filling Station are 95% correct and about all you can find today.
I will try to get a look at the radiator core mounting bolts on my all original 1950 this weekend.

Gene Schneider
Shade Tree Mechanic
OP Offline
Shade Tree Mechanic
Sweet! I pulled four 5/16 flange bolts and four 5/16 capscrews with washers out when I removed the radiator, the flange bolts looked like they'd been there awhile but the capscrews were fairly new. Original radiator had square nuts welded to the flanges but the new radiator just has slots. Not a big deal but I'd like to make at least what I do to my car original (Lord knows so much has been improperly done previously).

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.