Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Shade Tree Mechanic
OP Offline
Shade Tree Mechanic
Looking for a picture of a factory rear mat for a 47-48 station wagon.

Filling Station - Chevrolet & GMC Reproduction Parts

Filling Station

Shade Tree Mechanic
Shade Tree Mechanic
I made my rear floor mat for my '46 wagon. I used a ribbed black mat and machined the boarder with my router, then I painted it tan with vinyl paint.

Backyard Mechanic
Backyard Mechanic
Attached are pictures of the mats in my 48 wagon that appear to be factory. Let me know if you need additional pictures or more detail. Mike

[Linked Image from i1035.photobucket.com]

ChatMaster - 3,000
ChatMaster - 3,000
minetto,could you post a few pics of your wagon???interior and exterior

Grease Monkey
Grease Monkey
The rear mat in picture no.1 is similar in color to mine...mine is longitudinally torn.....not in vehicle.....it is tan-brown in color like the front mat

ralph koal
Shade Tree Mechanic
OP Offline
Shade Tree Mechanic
Thanks for your help Mike!

Backyard Mechanic
Backyard Mechanic
I'll post additional pictures in the next few days when I can take it outside to snap a few. It's supposed to be a wet weekend. Mike

Backyard Mechanic
Backyard Mechanic
Chef asked that I post a few pictures of the 48 wagon so here they are. The wagon is original and unrestored but needs quite a bit of work. I am the second owner. The first owner put about 107,00 miles on it up and down the East coast several times. It is currently licensed and very dependable (other than a leaky rear main seal) but because of the condition of a couple pieces of wood and a very deteriorated top fabric, I hesitate to take it out when there is any threat of bad weather. My dilemma is to what extent should I go with any major restoration given it's originality. To make it road worthy, I replaced the gas tank, had the rear springs re-arched and rebuilt the brake system. One of the pictures shows what appears to be the original oxford maroon under one repaint and the spare tire cover that I added. The tire cover was listed on EBay as fitting a 1936 Chevrolet Coupe but bolted to the wagon with no modifications. Mike

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.