Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Backyard Mechanic
OP Offline
Backyard Mechanic
I have replaced all of the front end components on my '46 coupe; the driver's side will still not come into acceptable range for caster and camber, although it is only out by about 1 1/2 degrees. Could it be the arm on the shock absorber unit is bent with age? Can any of the parts be bent back, without heat, to compensate for age/wear and tear to bring it back into the proper range? Any ideas for solutions?

Thanks much, Bob

Bob

Filling Station - Chevrolet & GMC Reproduction Parts

Filling Station

ChatMaster - 25,000
ChatMaster - 25,000
Years ago, when these cars were "modern" we had a devise to bend the king pin support (cold) to bring the alignment into specs.Perhaps a good OLD front end shop could handle it.

Gene Schneider
Shade Tree Mechanic
Shade Tree Mechanic
Chevgene...I had a '40 Chev. in my hot rod days and that's what they did then. I do know of an "old time" shop still in town and I'll head over there. Thanks! The first shop I went to basically said there is no way to work with it!
Happy Motoring! Bob

allstate bob

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.