Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#329210 12/24/14 07:14 PM
Shade Tree Mechanic
OP Offline
Shade Tree Mechanic
I am looking for a outside rear view mirror for my std. coupe.
I don't see anything listed in the master parts price list for an accessory outside rear view mirror.
I see lots of mirrors on '31's and I see lots of mirrors at the FS that are listed to fit 1931.
Wondering what other peoples experience is with outside mirrors.
Is there a mirror that connects to the hinge?
Thanks to everyone,
Happy Holidays
Three Window

Filling Station - Chevrolet & GMC Reproduction Parts

Filling Station

Tech Advisor
ChatMaster - 25,000
Tech Advisor
ChatMaster - 25,000
The only rear view mirror that was available as standard equipment in 1931 was the inside rear view mirror. Trico sidemount mirrors were listed as a genuine Chevrolet accessory in the parts book but they are very expensive if you find them today....and you must have sidemounts to use them.

Aftermarket door hinge mirrors and the like are available from various suppliers like the Filling Station as you already experienced. If you want an outside mirror one of the mirrors from the Filling Station would be the way to go.

laugh wink beer2

The Mangy Old Mutt

"If It's Not Junk.....It's Not Treasure!"
ChatMaster - 15,000
ChatMaster - 15,000
Just give your passenger one of them large make-up mirrors and tell her to watch what is coming up behind or is in the way when you back up. Will give her something to do when not navigating or telling you how to drive.

How Sweet the roar of a Chevy four!

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.