Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#324121 11/11/14 07:51 PM
ChatMaster - 1,500
OP Offline
ChatMaster - 1,500
I was denied access to the ChatII photo area today, said I was not a member even though I leave it logged in permanently. Tried to log in using my normal U/N and P/W, but no luck. Asked for a temp P/W which enabled me to log in using my normal U/N. Don't understand what is going on. I am going to log out and see if I can log in again using my old details. Anyone else been having similar issue today?

ChatMaster - 1,500
OP Offline
ChatMaster - 1,500
To continue, logged out, then tried logging in, would not accept usual login info. Used temp password, let me in, in fact said I was logged in as Gunsmoke etc. But would not give me access to members only areas, and would not let me post a reply to anything. Logged out for 5 minutes and then in again using temp password, and it is giving me access this time. Grrrrr. Guess it's time to put up the white flag!!

ChatMaster - 750
ChatMaster - 750
Gunsmoke -

This probably won't help you a bit keeping in mind that I know next to nothing about computers, but, had same problem. Started about about a month ago, couldn't log in. Used the p/w I had to log in. Wouldn't keep me logged in. Had to log in every time I went to Chat. Tried all I knew but to no avail. Finally about a week ago, it would keep me logged in so I didn't have to do it every time. Seems to have self corrected!!! Sure is nice now.

ChatMaster - 1,500
Online Content
ChatMaster - 1,500
I had a similar problem about a week ago. Everything is OK now.

Ed
ChatMaster - 6,000
ChatMaster - 6,000
Like most I dont log out though last week I had to log in but didnt tick the remember me box so had to log in next time. It didnt have a problem with password though which is good because I would have.
Tony

1938 1/2 ton Hope to drive it before I retire
Oil Can Mechanic
Oil Can Mechanic
I've been on this site for about five years and I've NEVER had anything but problems logging in. EVERY time I go to the site it doesn't recognize my password and EVERY time I have to enter some ridiculous string of numbers and letters in order to log in. I've tried contacting Bill Barker, tried clearing out the cookies, tried everything but NOTHING works. I subscribe to many other websites and never have a problem logging in. I don't understand why this site is so difficult. Someone should take this matter seriously and fix this damned problem, get someone who knows what they're doing, it's such a hassle.

ron
ChatMaster - 15,000
ChatMaster - 15,000
What browser do you use? Some versions don't work well with all sites. Other times it how your computer handles cookies.

I know some of these computer problems are frustrating. Hopefully it will just go away. Likely only Bill Barker can fix the problem. And if it's something he can't find a solution to, you might just have to live with it.

How Sweet the roar of a Chevy four!

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.