Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#320816 10/09/14 09:42 AM
Danf Offline OP
Grease Monkey
OP Offline
Grease Monkey
This is my first post and hope you can help...

I have a 1927 Chevy 2 door Sedan.

Where would I find the VIN number?

I did find a metal plate in the engine compartment
that has a JOB # and a Body #

What is this??

Last edited by Danf; 10/09/14 09:45 AM.
Become a Member!

JOIN THE VCCA and get access to the member-only features of the forum, including the ability to upload photos. You'll also receive our monthly magazine "Generator & Distributor". Yearly membership as low as $25!

ChatMaster - 15,000
ChatMaster - 15,000
Dan,
Welcome to Chat. Most of us are friendly and will try to help (except for a couple of grumps). There should be a "Car No." plate nailed to the main wooden sill near the passenger's right foot position. The will have a number stamped into it with the format: number (one or two digits) AA (year model designation for '27) number (sequential beginning at 1001 for each factory). That is the vehicle serial number. Legally it is not a VIN even though most refer to it as such. Most other '27s have the plate nailed to the front seat riser but the Coach (2-door) does not have a seat riser.

The Job # and Body # identify the body type, manufacturing plant and sequence number.

How Sweet the roar of a Chevy four!

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.