Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#314894 08/06/14 08:58 AM
Grease Monkey
OP Offline
Grease Monkey
I am about go through the registration service with the DVLA in England, one of the most important things needed are the ID numbers. The only information I have is the engine number as there are no other ID plates on the car except the suppliers plate, Metropolitan Motors Limited, Adelaide Street, Brisbane.
I have seen somewhere written there could be a chassis number stamped at the rear somewhere, has anyone heard of this?
As this is an old car what I may have to do is put an ID together with some information pertaining to this year and type of car otherwise they will give me a strange unrelated year plate which is what I don't want.
My car is RHD Holden bodied international 6 cyl tourer.
Has anyone got one of these who can tell me what I should see on the Vin plate.
I am in contact with the previous owners in Australia who owned the car from 1975 to 2002 after that it went to Queensland then in 2009 it arrived in England in a container from Australia The car still has a club badge on the radiator Seven Rivers Vintage and Veteran Car Club. I am in contact with this club also.
I am desperate for all sorts of help.
Please let me know what you can do.

Chevrolet in the garage.
Filling Station - Chevrolet & GMC Reproduction Parts

Filling Station

Backyard Mechanic
Backyard Mechanic
Did you get a title with the car and does it have the VIN on the title? There should also be a VIN plate underneath the front floor mat on the passengers side. With my car which is a four door the VIN plate was and is by the passengers side of the front seat. If you have the VIN on a title you can purchase a new VIN plate from a manufacturer on EBAY. Choose the correct model of the new plate and tell them what the VIN is and they will emboss the plate ofr you. This is what I did and it worked for registration purposes here in Arizona. Not saying it will work there, but it bloody well should. Good luck Mate.

Erik Langhofer
Phoenix, Az.
langer #314974 08/07/14 05:17 AM
Grease Monkey
OP Offline
Grease Monkey
This car came from Australia straight out of a container, the one thing that came with it was a good selection of spiders.
I think like a lot of vintage cars that have wood floors, they rot, get replaced and lose the vin plates that were meant to be on the floor, and this is my case no plate, no vin, so I have to find a way of tracing some sort of number to register the car.
I think some people might read my post as underhand when asking for a sample of what goes on the plate for my year, I can assure them it's not, I want to restore this car to original and that means once I know what to put on my vin plate I can have it engraved.
Thanks for your help, it's good to see at least one person trying to help.

Chevrolet in the garage.
ChatMaster - 3,000
ChatMaster - 3,000
I have sent you a PM, click on the flashing envelope next My Stuff above in blue.

JACK
jack39rdstr #315032 08/07/14 06:14 PM
ChatMaster - 3,000
ChatMaster - 3,000
Duncan , I have emailed you some pictures.

JACK
jack39rdstr #315076 08/08/14 03:27 AM
Grease Monkey
OP Offline
Grease Monkey
Thanks Jack, I look forward to receiving them.

Chevrolet in the garage.
Backyard Mechanic
Backyard Mechanic
Would you like for me to also send some pictures of the ID tag that I have on my 29 Imperial Landau?

Erik Langhofer
Phoenix, Az.
langer #315104 08/08/14 04:41 PM
Grease Monkey
OP Offline
Grease Monkey
Sure would, all the info I can get will piece everything together

Chevrolet in the garage.
Shade Tree Mechanic
Shade Tree Mechanic
Hi,
Have sent you a private message with some information on another UK owner with similar problem

PeterW
Peterw #315269 08/10/14 07:23 AM
Grease Monkey
OP Offline
Grease Monkey
Thanks Peter I will PM you.

Chevrolet in the garage.

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.