Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#294253 11/17/13 11:34 PM
Grease Monkey
OP Offline
Grease Monkey
All,
I have a 1928 Chevy Capital that my wife and I are beginning to restore. Its in really good shape, for a 1928. Does anyone on here know where I could get parts at online? Things like tires, rims, window levers etc... are what we are looking for. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Filling Station - Chevrolet & GMC Reproduction Parts

Filling Station

ChatMaster - 15,000
ChatMaster - 15,000
A parts wanted ad on Chat would be the first suggestion. Page down the Forum List to find the PW Forum. If you are a VCCA member then an ad in the G&D second. If not a member then join and send in ad.

How Sweet the roar of a Chevy four!
Technical Advisor
ChatMaster - 10,000
Technical Advisor
ChatMaster - 10,000

Hi! and welcome. Pull up a chair and let's talk 1928 Chevrolets. It can be a lot of fun.

There are many sources of parts for the 1928. As Chipper noted you can get started by making specific requests in the "Parts Wanted" thread lower down the thread list.

Agrin devil

Last edited by AntiqueMechanic; 11/18/13 04:05 AM. Reason: Forgot to say "Hello".

RAY

Chevradioman
http://www.vccacolumbiariverregion.org/

1925 Superior K Roadster
1928 Convertible, Sport, Cabriolet
1933 Eagle, Coupe
1941 Master Deluxe 5-Passenger Coupe
1950 Styleline Deluxe 4-Door Sedan
1950 Styleline Deluxe Convertible
2002 Pontiac, Montana, Passenger Van
2014 Impala, 4-Door Sedan, White Diamond, LTZ
2017 Silverado, Double Cab, Z71, 4X4, White, Standard Bed, LTZ

If you need a shoulder to cry on, pull off to the side of the road.
Death is the number 1 killer in the world.

ChatMaster - 10,000
ChatMaster - 10,000
Originally Posted by Lee_Snow
All,
I have a 1928 Chevy Capital that my wife and I are beginning to restore. Its in really good shape, for a 1928. Does anyone on here know where I could get parts at online? Things like tires, rims, window levers etc... are what we are looking for. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I thought that all 1928 passanger cars were NATIONALS?

Life's a long winding trail, love Jesus and ride a good horse!
ChatMaster - 3,000
ChatMaster - 3,000
We'd love to here the story behind your '28... and we're hoping it comes with pictures too! We love pictures!

Those accustomed to the finest...find it in Chevrolet.
1953 Belair Convertible
1951 2dr Deluxe Sedan
2015 GMC SLE 4X4
ChatMaster - 2,000
ChatMaster - 2,000
Mr. Mack, please. Do not use bold language and large fonts, specially when we welcome newbies here. It is not needed and you can inform your point without using such underlining.

No harm ment, sir.

driving

Solan G, # 32797

Take advantage in your hobby by being member of VCCA!

Shade Tree Mechanic
Shade Tree Mechanic
Hi,
I have a 1928 Capital 1 ton truck that took me 3 yrs to restore. It is a great vehicle! Let us know how you make progress. There are a couple people that have parts...Gary Wallace and Wally Deck that helped me out. Let me know if you need there contact info. The have been listed on this forum many times.
Best, Paul

"Bringing back the past, my own little way."
ChatMaster - 15,000
ChatMaster - 15,000
Mack,
A 1 ton truck is not a passenger car. For 1928 the 1 ton (LO series) trucks were listed as Capitals. Even the LP series trucks that were only produced for the last month or so of 1928 truck production are listed as Capitals. BTW the 1928 1/2 ton was a National as well.

How Sweet the roar of a Chevy four!
ChatMaster - 10,000
ChatMaster - 10,000
he didn't say the 28 was a truck

ChatMaster - 10,000
ChatMaster - 10,000
actually solan using bold and large type is not rude. All upper case is shouting. which may just be too much PC.
please

Shade Tree Mechanic
Shade Tree Mechanic
I found a 1928 Capital AA Landau on Craig's List Los Angeles Area. The seller wanted $3400.00 for it. It included almost everything (project car)for the car. What was nice about it, it included the correct newly rebuild 28 engine, trans,and clutch not installed in the car. I would think that you could part it out for the stuff you want and sell the body and frame to some one for (sorry nasty thought) a Rat Rod.

Grease Monkey
Grease Monkey
Is this a 1 ton truck? In 1928 the trade name of the 1 ton truck was Capitol, not Capital. The 1928 cars and half-ton trucks had trade name National.

For parts, try The Filling Station or Gary Wallace.

Backyard Mechanic
Backyard Mechanic
there are a lot of interchangeable parts between the years, engine, trans, but the head is different. Rear end, brakes of the 28 & 29 have similar parts...etc. just guessing on some of these as an example.

get a copy of the 4 cyl parts/ price book, they will show all the parts and in the left column they will have an "I"' "C" "N" etc which indicates Capital, International, National, etc. So if the part has a N and a C, then it fits both the Capital and National etc.

Another thing, the two letter code will also indicate model, I have two 27 AA Capital "AA"' the 28's are "AB". the 29 are AC. Im working on a 29 for the local museum here in Denver.

So a 1/2 ton truck will have a different letter code . Don't have a book with me at the moment, i'm at a Starbucks...rehab needed!

i can send you a few emails with pics if you would like, rjmc1967@yahoo.com

that book I mentioned is available from "Gary Wallace". do a google search on "gary wallace chevy". it will come up, the "filling station" search filling station chevy" it will come up, just filling station will show a lot of pubs and beer establishments..my want to bookmark them so when you see the prices of vintage car parts. and also "billy possum chevy parts, they are now "C & A Automotive I think.

Im not associated with any of these guys. They are really knowledgeable and will steer you in the right direction, I've never been give incorrect info from them. For general questions, send me an email and i'll send you a quick note back if I can help.

I took over 2000 pics of my 27's so if you have questions on how something comes apart, send me a note

good luck. ron mcculley. member of the Rocky Mountain VCCA

Backyard Mechanic
Backyard Mechanic
go to "theforgottenchevy.com". it has a lot of good info and pics

ron

Shade Tree Mechanic
Shade Tree Mechanic
Not sure you got a complete answer to your question. Welcome to the group and your project.

As to parts, the sources listed are good, but don't forget the auction sites or other sales sites like Ebay, Craigslist, etc. There are many out there so do some Google Searches to find them. I use all the sources listed, and also participate in forums for other clubs, like Ford or Pontiac forums. They will often mention other parts places that might carry Chevy parts too since some were interchangeable.

If you visit auction sites, don't get into Auction Fever and overpay. You have to bide your time, check things out, and get into the "game" so to speak. Too many folks overpay by buying the first item they see that they need, and then go down 10 or 12 auction items and find the same item for less than half the price. So be patient, know the real values, bide your time, and remember that if you don't buy the overpriced part you see right away, you will see another one down the road if you are patient (which is hard when you are restoring a vehicle and want to get done). Lately I've been seeing some really overpriced, in my opinion, 28 parts. I have quite an inventory and am always looking for future parts to acquire at a decent price. Same for my wife's 61 Corvette.

Good luck on your project. Sounds great. Wish I had a truck but I'm satisfied with my 2 28 Nationals. You can see them at www.theforgottenchevy.com

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.