Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
ChatMaster - 750
OP Offline
ChatMaster - 750
Apparantly the interior door handles on this model of Chevy is a weak point. I had the drivers door interior handle break. When I checked the dealer they replace the entire door panel at a cost of nearly $600.00. So we checked the net to see what we could find. We found a nice video on You Tube ( 2006-2010 Chevrolet HHR Interior Door Handle Repair/Replacement ) on how to replace with a Dorman kit. So thanks to a local parts house we ordered and received said kit for less than $175.00. Aside of one mistake that I made it took less than :20 to disassemble and reassemble. FYI : Watch out for the super glue. I nearly glued my fingers together !

Member 45+ years, been around since the beginning !
World's Greatest

Vintage Chevrolet Club of America
"The World's Best Chevrolet Club"
Oil Can Mechanic
Oil Can Mechanic
Wow, nice work! Seems like such a costly job for such a small part...but glad you were able to change out just the piece you needed. More money in your pocket for other things!

-Daryl Scott #45848
1947 Chevrolet Fleetline Sportmaster Sedan
1976 Chevrolet C20 Fleetside

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.