Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Shade Tree Mechanic
OP Offline
Shade Tree Mechanic
Does the wood pattern or parts/kits exist for a 1927 Landau Sedan?

ChatMaster - 3,000
ChatMaster - 3,000
Hi chevy2550 , I see that you have not had a response to your question as yet. Maybe that is an answer "no" to your question. I would suggest that you contact the two companies which seem to get mentioned here all the the time. Autowood restorations (Jim Rodman) and KC Wood Manufacturing, although KC has a notice on their website saying they are not taking orders at this time. If they can't help you , maybe they know someone who has the patterns , or makes a kit.

JACK
Shade Tree Mechanic
OP Offline
Shade Tree Mechanic
Thanks Jack for taking the timne to answer my querry. It is kind of dishartning that a lot of people say they love helping Chevy people, but then don't take the time to at least say something when a member poses a question.

ChatMaster - 15,000
ChatMaster - 15,000
The problem with answering your original question is that very few are qualified to do so. I have a lot of information on many years of Chevrolets but don't know if there are illustrations of the wood like there is for some '29 and later bodies.

How Sweet the roar of a Chevy four!
ChatMaster - 3,000
ChatMaster - 3,000
I bought a copy of a book called tips on Autobody woodwork , by Don Marsh , and it has lots of good ideas for rewooding cars. One that stands out is the laminating of the main wood sill to help prevent warpage and twisting of the timber Frame.He helps in his book to remove some of misconceptions about rewooding a body.

Theres is always copies for sale on Ebay.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tips-on-Aut...ries&hash=item3a7a44fcb0&vxp=mtr

JACK

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.