Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Shade Tree Mechanic
OP Offline
Shade Tree Mechanic
Been a long time---life got in the way. Anyway, I am back on spiffing up my original 34 interior.

First question I have is what were the colors of the floor and the toe boards (both sides---top and bottom)? Black, green, other? And what, if anything, went over them? A black rubber liner?

I believe that the exposed metal areas in the cab were painted a light apple green Dupont # 93, except for the interior dash, door window trim metal, interior metal panel and seat side bottom wood and metal panels, which I believe are black enamel. Are these colors correct? Is the green paint available?

My truck has some cheap wood paneling installed in the side kick panel areas. Obviously, this is not original. Was there anything in that area other than the bare metal, and if so, what?

Lastly, for now, what areas were covered by cardboard and where can I locate replacements, or do I have to make this, and if so, are patterns available? My truck does not have a "map pocket." Is this cardboard, and is it located on driver's door?

Thanks for any help. wjb

Filling Station - Chevrolet & GMC Reproduction Parts

Filling Station

Shade Tree Mechanic
Shade Tree Mechanic
Willie Joe Bob,
This is what I have learned over the years, most of this from member Jim Payne. It matches what I have found on my 1935 EB, this would be the same for 1934 DB. It is important to note that this may not be 100 % accurate and replies like this tend to be taken as gospel. I hope others with actual experience with these trucks can reply to confirm or take exception to these.

Inside of cowl, fire wall, sides of cowl, brackets that hold floor board and attach to fire wall, exposed wood on cab hinge pillar gray primer.

There was a rubber floor mat.

The wood sill, wood floor boards, battery inspection cover, metal arround pedals, foot rest, transmission cover, cab hinge pillar to wood sill bracket, metal and wood parts of seat riser, rear seat cushion to back of cab brackets, map pocket behind driver seat (sheet metal) black.

Sheet metal laid over cab hinge pillar, extending from roof down to floor, door hinges, Sheet metal on door lock pillar and body lock pillar body color. The sheet metal roof and visor is black and the exposed part above door on the inside is black.
The area arround the window reveals, and on the door hinge pillars looks to be covered in black cardboard (vinyl) or weather strips, etc. The top of the door is exposed and looks to be painted ???

Windshield and windshield hinge, dashboard, window reveals, door panel, footman's loops black.

All interior plated parts are nickle plated.
Rear of cab and side of cab behind driver seat duPont # 94 light green.

There is a dark green vinyl or cardboard head liner on inside of roof. It is in three pieces. I have a pattern but I need to get it un packed and this may take several months. Strips and bolts that hold headliner in place black.

There is a dark green heavy cardboard cover that extends from map pocket about two thirds down to the floor. It attaches to cab lock pillar and only goes about two thirds of the way towards the back of the cab.

I know I have missed a few parts but I hope other people who have restored these trucks or have originals can add to this and make corrections as needed.

Thanks and I hope this is helpful.

Chris

Chris
Shade Tree Mechanic
OP Offline
Shade Tree Mechanic
Chris:

Thank you very much. Your help is very much appreciated. The detail is excellent.

Brian

Grease Monkey
Grease Monkey
I had been to Jim's house and he shared some for his drawings and info. Please check out my pictures of info. I hope this helps too.
http://rides.webshots.com/album/572786374HhsRVY

Mike

Shade Tree Mechanic
Shade Tree Mechanic
Mike,
This info is great!
Chris

Chris
Shade Tree Mechanic
OP Offline
Shade Tree Mechanic
Grizzly34s---been on the road and just got a chance to see what you posted. Great, useful stuff. Nearly impossible to find.

Thanks so much.

Brian

Grease Monkey
Grease Monkey
I wish I could have spend more time than I did that day. He knew so much about these trucks. He passed away weeks later.
Alot of his knowledge is left here in his posts.

Grease Monkey
Grease Monkey
If you still have the headboard patterns I would respectfully pay for copies.
guy
832-846-9919
guymonroesf@gmail.com

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.