Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
ChatMaster - 3,000
OP Offline
ChatMaster - 3,000
Jane and I hosted our first tour today, and it seemed to go off without too many problems. We met a couple first timers out with our region at our house in Bolton. Dennis and Beth were at Flint with their '56 4 door, but this was their first time out with our local group. We drove to the Tim Hortons (where else, eh?) in Alliston and met the rest of the gang there. Our group was 7 cars... Pearce's '51, Rozon's '53, Boyes' '48 pickup, Pettitt's '58 Apache, Craig's '56, Gajdacs' in a '62 Pontiac (?) and Beaudin's '53 with Romkes along for the ride. We toured the backroads and took in the beautiful fall colours on our way from Alliston to Creemore. In Creemore we hit the stores on main street. It is a town that has been restored to what it looked like in the 1930's, and the stores are little art studios, antiques, and Mom and Pop type deals. A real step back in time. Our cars looked beautiful parked on main Street! Next we did a half hour tour of the Creemore Springs Brewery, a small craft brewery that brews premium beers using four natural ingredients. After the tour, we headed to lunch at the pub next door. Mmmm, Good! Then it was a half hour drive to the Military Museum at Base Borden. Our own Hector Beaudin acted as a guide for some of us, telling us some of his wartime stories, and explaining the equipment. It was also interesting to hear Les Gajdacs tell his side of events, living in Hungary and being on the receiving end of RCAF, USAF, and RAF air attacks. The museum houses an extensive collection of military vehicles, weapons, uniforms, photos, and more. Paul Rozon was caught trying to steal a jet as well! After the museum it was another half hour drive south to hiway 9, and another Timmies, then we went our separate ways! Weather cooperated perfectly all day!

As promised, here's some pics!

Seven in a row... keep up!
[Linked Image from i150.photobucket.com]

Mill Street, Creemore...

Chevy CMP truck

Craig's 1956...

Rozon, Pearce, and Pettitt's...

Jane Pearce's Sherman...

Our guide, Hector...

Last edited by brewster; 09/30/12 08:03 PM.

Those accustomed to the finest...find it in Chevrolet.
1953 Belair Convertible
1951 2dr Deluxe Sedan
2015 GMC SLE 4X4
Shade Tree Mechanic
Shade Tree Mechanic
Great pic's looks like a great time

Brad Adcock
Director NIR of VCCA
1960 Impala Sport Sedan
1962 Impala Sport Coupe
ChatMaster - 7,000
ChatMaster - 7,000
Looks like it was a great day. Wish I could have been there!!

Steve D

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.