Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#245318 06/11/12 01:25 AM
Shade Tree Mechanic
OP Offline
Shade Tree Mechanic
looking for some pictures of a temp gauge for a 36 car. Can you please post pics

Thanks

Filling Station - Chevrolet & GMC Reproduction Parts

Filling Station

ChatMaster - 3,000
ChatMaster - 3,000
Many years ago, I bought a NOS temp gauge for my '35 Standard. It was not boxed and did not come with instructions.
I ran an ad in G and D and someone sent me the info I needed To mount my gauge.
Later I came into possession of 2 or 3 NOS gauges that were boxed for sale after the introduction of the '36 models. These were listed in the parts catalog as suitable for '35 and '36 Standard cars. The color was different from my original gauge, (to match the '36 gauges) and the package included a wedged trim ring to compensate for the shape of the instrument panel at the install location. These were sold on ebay and brought, what I thought at the time was pretty good money (around $175.00 each as I recall).
I have also had some used ones in various conditions, and I might still have some. I will take a look.

Mike

ml.russell1936@gmail.com

Many miles of happy motoring
Shade Tree Mechanic
OP Offline
Shade Tree Mechanic
Originally Posted by 35Mike
Many years ago, I bought a NOS temp gauge for my '35 Standard. It was not boxed and did not come with instructions.
I ran an ad in G and D and someone sent me the info I needed To mount my gauge.
Later I came into possession of 2 or 3 NOS gauges that were boxed for sale after the introduction of the '36 models. These were listed in the parts catalog as suitable for '35 and '36 Standard cars. The color was different from my original gauge, (to match the '36 gauges) and the package included a wedged trim ring to compensate for the shape of the instrument panel at the install location. These were sold on ebay and brought, what I thought at the time was pretty good money (around $175.00 each as I recall).
I have also had some used ones in various conditions, and I might still have some. I will take a look.

Mike

Thanks Mike

I'd really appreciate that. Hopefully i can pick up one.

Thanx again

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.