Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Bev_Bob Offline OP
Shade Tree Mechanic
OP Offline
Shade Tree Mechanic
Is there a source for body repair panels for our 1927 cars? I am looking to repair outside lower door panels on my coach, "Matilda".

Bob D.

Bob D.
1927 Coach "Matilda"
Susanville, CA
Filling Station - Chevrolet & GMC Reproduction Parts

Filling Station

Backyard Mechanic
Backyard Mechanic
I've seen running board splash apron available from some of the club suppliers, either Gary Wallace or The Filling Station, never looked for door panels though. Give them a call, they are an excellent source, maybe you can cannabalize a good panel from a door that is otherwise not usable.

good luck ron

Bev_Bob Offline OP
Shade Tree Mechanic
OP Offline
Shade Tree Mechanic
Thank you, ron1967, for the reply. I checked every source I could think of including the ones you suggested, "Ask Jeeves", "Google" and "Search" here on the VCCA site before I posted the request for info.

The earliest I could see Chevy body replacment parts are available for are 1931 and later. I have a friend who has volunteered to work on my door bottoms. He has recently redone his lower rusted out body parts using commercial parts available for his Model A F**d. I hoped that the same would be available for our Chevys. If not, I guess I will have to be "creative" and make some homemade stuff in the darkened, door closed garage. (Read that as, (shutter!!), fiberglass and Bondo.)

I do not think that I can be as talented as the awesome Aussies who are able to create works of art from scratch. Therefore I am hoping that someone out there has a hidden (possibly secret) business creating replacement body parts for our vintage toys. If there is someone out there, please contact me off line if necessary. I promise to keep your secret if you do not want others to know about your talent.

Here is hoping that the 1927 Coach, Matilda, can some day look as sound as she did when new. She will never be a show car in my life time but I hope that she will be in a condition that whoever gets her when I pass into my next life will be able to easily return her to the show car status she deserves.

Bob D.

Bob D.
1927 Coach "Matilda"
Susanville, CA
ChatMaster - 1,000
ChatMaster - 1,000
Hi Bob,

We have a guy out here in OZ, Peter Jackson from Old Eira Services who makes a complete range of either replacement, repair or fibre glass panels, but they are only for the local Holden bodied Chevs.

Good Luck

Ray

Some say "Street is neat". I prefer "1928 is great"

I have documented my 45 years with a 1928 Chev Tourer, from 1973 to 2018, and regulary add other items that I hope are of interest to others. Your comments are most welcome.The story of the Red Chev can be viewed at http://my28chev.blogspot.com/
Shade Tree Mechanic
Shade Tree Mechanic
Bob if you have enough of the panel left a sheet metal shop can make it up for you or a good body man may be able. I had a 72 GMC I had inner rocker panels made up by a sheet metal shop about 20 years ago. Hope this help

Bev_Bob Offline OP
Shade Tree Mechanic
OP Offline
Shade Tree Mechanic
Thank you "1928isgreat" and "dougs_27" for the replies and all who read and considered my problem.

Still looking....

Bob D.
1927 Coach "Matilda"
Susanville, CA
Backyard Mechanic
Backyard Mechanic
Giiday Bob,

Mate any "older style" panelshop / body repair man could easily reshape up a new door skin, or marry in a new section to the older as the original metal on the skins are nice, thick heavy metal and ease to spot weld onto...

My local panel man over here in OZ done just that across the whole rear lower section of my tub and done a lovely job...
Pull the door off the hanger, then go and shop around with door in hand for some prices.... To ease and best of luck

Cheers Grant.

"We're not painting it all fancy"

http://montythe1928chevrolet.blogspot.com.au/

ChatMaster - 1,000
ChatMaster - 1,000
Hi Bev_Bob,

Good luck in your search, which I am sure will be fruitful, and we look forward to hearing the progress of Matlilda.

Cheers

Ray

Some say "Street is neat". I prefer "1928 is great"

I have documented my 45 years with a 1928 Chev Tourer, from 1973 to 2018, and regulary add other items that I hope are of interest to others. Your comments are most welcome.The story of the Red Chev can be viewed at http://my28chev.blogspot.com/

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.