Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
37Blue Offline OP
ChatMaster - 1,000
OP Offline
ChatMaster - 1,000
Make sure your vote is cast in the Poll thread so we can make sure to include it in the count.

37Blue Offline OP
ChatMaster - 1,000
OP Offline
ChatMaster - 1,000
Voting in the POLL thread is ongoing and will end on February 29th. If you have NOT yet voted, please do.

Even though votes in favor have secured approval of the amendment, voting will continue. This will ensure we have followed our by-laws, provided everyone that so desires an opportunity to vote, and to make certain we have provided an open and above board process.

Whoever said the internet speeds up communication, obviously never tried holding a meeting and a vote process spanning virtually all corners of the globe. laugh

ChatMaster - 15,000
ChatMaster - 15,000
I would say that this type of voting beats the heck out of by mail. Some would not get the post for another several week much less get a response back before school is out for the summer (or winter for those upside down fellas).

How Sweet the roar of a Chevy four!
ChatMaster - 6,000
ChatMaster - 6,000
Thanks Chipper.
You are right about the snail mail bit but I have the Feb G & D a couple of weeks earlier than expected though. So far this has been a year of pleasant changes, G & D arriving early than usual, summer not as hot as usual and more rain than usual. I hope winter doesnt get as cold as usual.
Tony

1938 1/2 ton Hope to drive it before I retire
ChatMaster - 4,000
ChatMaster - 4,000
Originally Posted by tonyw
..... So far this has been a year of pleasant changes, G & D arriving earlier than usual, summer not as hot as usual and more rain than usual.....Tony

Sounds like Tony's "Living the Dream." I like the way he sees the up-side on almost everthing. Dang Pleasant Fellow.

Bill.

Backyard Mechanic
Backyard Mechanic
FWIW

I also agree with the proposed change.

Regards,

Jim M.

ChatMaster - 6,000
ChatMaster - 6,000
Bill
Your area is a bit like mine, from extreme cold to extreme hot. I need to get an old bus sorted and become migratory (Aus north for winter and South for summer) with 3 months travelling between.

Tony

1938 1/2 ton Hope to drive it before I retire
37Blue Offline OP
ChatMaster - 1,000
OP Offline
ChatMaster - 1,000
Ok fellas; only about ONE day left to cast your vote.

IF you have not already voted, please do so ASAP. Voting will end Wednesday February 29th at midnight.

Last edited by 37Blue; 02/28/12 02:28 PM.
37Blue Offline OP
ChatMaster - 1,000
OP Offline
ChatMaster - 1,000
Voting has now ended. The amendment has passed. Thank you all for participating.
Ken48, Chapter Secretary, will be posting the meeting minutes and vote results soon. The new revision will be posted in the By-laws thread.

A few observations: talk

1) At some point the Chapter membership may want to consider amending the quorum definition of the by-laws. As the Chapter grows; and I believe it will, it will could become more difficult to make appropriate changes.

2) As I indicated previously, the voting process was long and drawn out. That because of the current by-laws and my wanting to make certain the voting was open and done in the clear light of day. If anyone has ideas on how that can/should be streamlined or not, please offer suggestions. I don't necessarily think it was bad, but I wonder if it can be improved. Any thoughts? Let's start a new thread for this topic, if anyone has a thought or two to share.

3) Just a few months ago, some of us --me included--wondered if the Chapter was going to survive. I am tremendously encouraged by the the voting turnout, AND contributions to the pre-vote discussion AND All the good natured banter in the thread started by Mike McCagh "Just BSing". Thank you, Mike.

4) And lastly, Thanks to RGwiz, Tonyw, Ken48, AntiqueMechanic,42Bill and Beamer for helping guide the by-laws review and subsequent amendment voting process. thanku

5) Now, I intend to head out to the shop and get ready for a garage hop this weekend with a local club.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.