Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#232820 01/31/12 10:12 PM
Backyard Mechanic
OP Offline
Backyard Mechanic
Need to replace front door window channels, vent post channels, wipes and felts on my 41 sedan. Channels look like they were installed using pop rivits and have cracked the pass window. The wipes and felts are gone but looks like they were installed with staples. What is the best way to install the above parts.

Ya got to drive'em
Shade Tree Mechanic
Shade Tree Mechanic
The belt line channels on my 1940 were held in by clips. I was unable to reuse these clips so I drilled small holes through the channels and door frame. i used small flat head sheet metal screws to attach the channels to the door. Paint the screw heads black so they don't show. Did the same with the wipers.

Backyard Mechanic
OP Offline
Backyard Mechanic
Will try the screws in the belt line.

Found two clips in a box of assorted screws, bolts and clips that came with the car. Did not know what the clips were for until I was researching the channel runs that the Filling Station has in there online catalog. Match up to there part 70-514. Just don't know how many per door.

Ya got to drive'em

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.