Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
ChatMaster - 1,000
ChatMaster - 1,000
Originally Posted by Mike Buller
Ed, I do think you have a problem, and I bet a lot of folks wished they had it. For therapy have you ever thought of buying another old car or truck, and requesting that the boss give you about 6 hours of unsupervised time each day, with a garage and budget to match your whims!!! Best wishes, Mike

Mike......That's the problem, I have no "Boss" and I have too much free time on my hands now....I have no more room for any more vehicles or I would have more. Budget is not a problem and I am too smart to ever get married again...So It looks like you guys are stuck with me, at least till spring when I can dust off my 38 coupe, hit the road and wave back at all the folks that apparently have nothing else to do but wave at folks who drive old cars.....Ed
BTW...Thanx for the suggested therapy that may be a little better than talking to myself.

I was only wrong one time in my life so far. But that time I was right, and only thought I was wrong....ED
Backyard Mechanic
Backyard Mechanic
Mike, what is all that white stuff, you live near the beach? Terry.

Ya got to drive'em
ChatMaster - 6,000
ChatMaster - 6,000
So long as you know what it is your are talking about and can explain its operation there are a lot of car parts that are known by several different names, like piston pin, gudgeon pin, wrist pin all refer to the pin the holds the piston to the connecting rod.
Tony

1938 1/2 ton Hope to drive it before I retire
Shade Tree Mechanic
Shade Tree Mechanic
Ok, since we're a little off topic anyway, how about "hot water heater?" I mean, why in the world would you need to heat hot water? devil

Tech Advisor
ChatMaster - 25,000
Tech Advisor
ChatMaster - 25,000
It's all a matter of terminology. In a house, a "hot water heater" heats cold water to make it hot. In a car, a "hot water heater" uses existing hot water and "heats" the inside of the car.

laugh wink beer2

The Mangy Old Mutt

"If It's Not Junk.....It's Not Treasure!"
Hall Monitor
ChatMaster - 7,000
Hall Monitor
ChatMaster - 7,000
I think it was George Carlin who had a routine about oxymorons. He said if the water is hot it doesn't need heated so it should be called a "cold water heater", jumbo shrimp, fire department (SB fire put out department), etc..

VCCA Member 43216
Save a life, adopt a senior shelter pet.
1938 HB Business Coupe
1953 210 Sedan
Oil Can Mechanic
Oil Can Mechanic
Originally Posted by Junkyard Dog
It's all a matter of terminology. In a house, a "hot water heater" heats cold water to make it hot. In a car, a "hot water heater" uses existing hot water and "heats" the inside of the car. laugh wink beer2

I guess it depends on where ya live. I've always just called them "water heaters", and I'm pretty sure that's what it says on the box.

As for "hot water heaters" in cars, I definitely prefer them to the gas fired ones they put in the older, air cooled VWs.

Richard
Waverly, IA
ChatMaster - 3,000
ChatMaster - 3,000
Originally Posted by 32 ragtop
Mike, what is all that white stuff, you live near the beach? Terry.
Must be...He's outside...working...weathers great , wish you were here ! lol

1947 Fleetmaster Sport Coupe VCCA # 47475

If it's not wearing a Bowtie...It's not properly dressed...!
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.