Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
ChatMaster - 1,000
OP Offline
ChatMaster - 1,000
Antique Mechanic,

Can you please explain why you have removed freedom of speech from this site. Closing down or locking a thread is not the way to respond to answers and discussions that you do not like.

I thought the thread was going well, Chevy Nut said his piece, others said theirs.

What makes it more a splinter in my finger is you choose the last posting, being yours, to rip into the guy and his car.

SHAME ON YOU.

THIS IS NOT WHAT THE AVERAGE CHEV PERSON WOULD CALL FREEDOM OF SPEECH.

orangeupset orangeupset orangeupset orangeupset

Upset Aussie

Ray

Some say "Street is neat". I prefer "1928 is great"

I have documented my 45 years with a 1928 Chev Tourer, from 1973 to 2018, and regulary add other items that I hope are of interest to others. Your comments are most welcome.The story of the Red Chev can be viewed at http://my28chev.blogspot.com/
Filling Station - Chevrolet & GMC Reproduction Parts

Filling Station

Backyard Mechanic
Backyard Mechanic
Make that two upset Aussies.. orangeupset orangeupset orangeupset orangeupset

Cheers Grant.

"We're not painting it all fancy"

http://montythe1928chevrolet.blogspot.com.au/

Technical Advisor
ChatMaster - 10,000
Technical Advisor
ChatMaster - 10,000

You two blokes have had your say, now let us put it to bed.

devil Agrin

RAY

Chevradioman
http://www.vccacolumbiariverregion.org/

1925 Superior K Roadster
1928 Convertible, Sport, Cabriolet
1933 Eagle, Coupe
1941 Master Deluxe 5-Passenger Coupe
1950 Styleline Deluxe 4-Door Sedan
1950 Styleline Deluxe Convertible
2002 Pontiac, Montana, Passenger Van
2014 Impala, 4-Door Sedan, White Diamond, LTZ
2017 Silverado, Double Cab, Z71, 4X4, White, Standard Bed, LTZ

If you need a shoulder to cry on, pull off to the side of the road.
Death is the number 1 killer in the world.

ChatMaster - 10,000
ChatMaster - 10,000
Good work Ray. When any man, VCCA member or not comes on the site looking for a toolkit for a 1928 "Original" 1928 with less than XXX miles on the odometer and then post a link to a site claiming something that isn't right or correctly described. Anyone that is a VCCA member should tear into that type of deceptional posting. Chipper and you are correct about the so called "originality" of the car, too many things are wrong!

Hey! if he only wanted to know about a tool kit, why put the crap about the "Original status of his car" when if the car was as original as the link, there should have been an original tool kit in the car! Me thinks he has a different agenda...

I like and appreciate the inputs and postings from our two Aussies, but both of you are off base on this CENSORSHIP kick. Just My Humble Opinion.....

Life's a long winding trail, love Jesus and ride a good horse!
ChatMaster - 1,000
OP Offline
ChatMaster - 1,000
OK, So you you dont want to put this to bed after all.

Well lets go boys

Now we have moderators congratulating each other for ripping into someone, encouraging some would say, closing ranks others might say.

I am sitting here shaking my head with disbelief, no, maybe disgust about how you guys are so hung up on the wording original and restored. Step back for a minute fellas, just think about what you are saying.

Now we have moderators describing members postings as "crap" and having a different agendas.

SHAME ON YOU MR MACK.

So the 2 Aussies are off base on the censorship call are they, well when Antique Mechanic locks a thread down after posting the last comment which rips into a member, to me that is censorship, and resticting freedom of speech.

You remember freedom of speech fellas, Aussies have been involved with you guys in every war since 1914 fighting for and protecting the right of freedom of speech of the individual.

Thats all that I want to say guys, I am over the whole damn thing, unless the moderators want to keep stirring the pot.

You see guys its like this, unlike the 220 plus members that have read the postings from both Grant and myself on this subject, I cant and wont sit back and see a person such as Chevy Nut treated in such a fashion.

Regards from OZ as always.

Ray

Last edited by 1928isgreat; 01/17/12 12:57 PM.

Some say "Street is neat". I prefer "1928 is great"

I have documented my 45 years with a 1928 Chev Tourer, from 1973 to 2018, and regulary add other items that I hope are of interest to others. Your comments are most welcome.The story of the Red Chev can be viewed at http://my28chev.blogspot.com/
Shade Tree Mechanic
Shade Tree Mechanic
As a fairly new member of VCCA I thought I would add my comments as a car restorer, collector and showing Ford’s (don’t hold it against me) at the concours level. I learned a long time ago there will be many arguments about another person’s understanding about originality, restored, NOS, stock, mint, and so on.

Regardless of our perceived ”˜expert’ knowledge or opinions, we should encourage any car collector to increase their knowledge and allow them to enjoy their prized possession in their own manner. Besides, statements such as original, concours condition, low mileage, one owner, and rare model have become very common terms in the enthusiasts circle.

In the end who is correct? To me, these statements of condition are very subjective and really don’t mean anything until the vehicle is judged or sold. My perception of original and mint condition will be quite different from that of the next person. One positive thing we can learn from our freedom of speech discussions, is to support and encourage our fellow automotive enthusiasts on a global scale through the power of the forums we frequently visit.

By the way, my 1928 AB coupe restoration is coming along nicely and the rolling chassis is complete. I am waiting on the delivery of the wood kit and will continue to seek advice from all VCCA members as I try to restore it to ”˜original’ condition without breaking the bank!

Thanks,
Jeff

Member # 8618
ChatMaster - 10,000
ChatMaster - 10,000
Slowbowtie:
Regardless of our perceived ”˜expert’ knowledge or opinions, we should encourage any car collector to increase their knowledge and allow them to enjoy their prized possession in their own manner

I really think that knowledge was applied to the thread about the car in question.
The statement about the car not being original but about it being restored is in order when it is obvious to Chipper, Antique Mechanic, or myself that we can tell the difference.
When we can tell the difference we should present what we know, and not go along with a false statement. It has nothing to do with the beauty of the car, just the owner's attempt to mislead us about the condition.

1928isgreat, I stand by what I posted. What I posted has nothing to do about me supporting a moderator because I am also one. The reference to "crap" may not have been politially correct but I didn't have another word handy that applied.

If you want to debate the freedom of speech, rent a hall and see if you can gather a crowd.

The prudent habit of telling the truth isn't about freedom of speech. As far as I am concerned your shame on you Mrmack is
uncalled for.

It is quite apparent that the car in question is not "original" and the car is restored, just say "It is Restored" that is the truth.

Yes, we at VCCA do know the difference of "original" and "restored to original' If that is hungup, then so be it, after all This site is a part of VCCA.

Locking the thread don't remove any of the previous speech, so how could that be considered CENSORSHIP? Talk all you please......It doesn't seem to me that you have a gag in your mouth or a lock on your keyboard.

Backyard Mechanic
Backyard Mechanic
Gidday Fellas,

Mr Mack, sorry but your first posting showed nothing more but arrogance at the highest level on the subject, you have totally missed the boat on this one.

You senior moderators with your 1000's of postings listed proudly beside your names should of "welcomed" the newbie to the forum, you are the people who set the standards on this forum, you wear the badges and proudly display the branding SO SET THE STANDARDS YOURSELVES! but instead of doing that and welcoming him you rip into a poor man, you attacked him for something else other than the question he posted, you ripped him to shreds over the miss use of a couple of pathetic little words "Original" and "Restored" and that was my point all along, Oh and BTW, except for Jack the welcoming issue has still not been addressed either, you know that! and you can't hide that fact! You have closed ranks and are turning this into something else!!!
It is just so laughable to watch and read, but even more laughable to witness the thread getting "locked-out", "censored" "shut-down", call it what you may but it was all of those at the end of the day...

Sorry but you older blokes need to grow the hell up!!

PS: Dad always warned me about clubs, "Son there just full of big time wannabees" .... I gave it a go but I'm starting to see his point of view!

Last edited by Montythechev; 01/17/12 05:05 PM.

Cheers Grant.

ChatMaster - 10,000
ChatMaster - 10,000
Your rantings are noted. Your apology will be accepted. I wear no badge, other than, I am a Christian. I don't glote over the number of postings I have or those you have, nor am I jealous about such things. Strange that you would see the need to mention that.
I have been around here a long time, and naturally when that is the case the posting numbers go up, I would rather that the number of postings not be tallyed.

May God bless and keep you and yours well and happy. May the seas remain friendly and the winds always be from your back. May your old Chevrolets always have a tank of fuel and start on the first cranking, take you where you want to go and bring you safely back home. carbana

what ever happened to the motto:
"The Truth will set you free."?

Backyard Mechanic
Backyard Mechanic
Gidday fellas,

Well I've been warned from those behind closed doors orangeupset

Moderator said:

"Part of my job as a Moderator is to insure incorrect information is not presented on the site without comment. That aspect of my responsibility was exercised in this case".

My response:

"Sorry but you can hide behind that official statement all you want you, but you were very aggressive towards the newbie and it looked so very bad, sure say it that way if you must but then smooth it over and welcome the man which is also your job, would you not think so"?

Moderator also said:

I would suggest you take a break and drink an ale. When you have calmed down and have a grip on yourself then you could consider returning to the Chevy Chat and make a positive contribution rather that ranting about something that is really none of your business.

My response:

None of my business? It's all our business to welcome someone new and more so you for the good of the site and forum Y/N? As when I first joined I was delighted to get a response from a well branded moderator like yourself as you guys are at the top of the food chain on here and are looked up to by new folk.... But to do what you done and in the manner in which you went about it is just not on!! sorry but I stand firm on this...

PS Mr Mack - Ranting not so much, more just an Aussie standing tall beside a mate....

Last edited by Montythechev; 01/17/12 07:00 PM.

Cheers Grant.

ChatMaster - 750
ChatMaster - 750
Hey guys;
This is starting to sound like a Corvette convention... Let us get back to sharing some Chevy information and helping one another... enough is enough....

Steve
'25 Superior "K", '79 Corvette , '72 Corvette LT-1 & 1965 Corvette Coupe
Backyard Mechanic
Backyard Mechanic
Originally Posted by SSG26K
Hey guys;
This is starting to sound like a Corvette convention... Let us get back to sharing some Chevy information and helping one another... enough is enough....

Gidday Steve,

Will do.... And it will be put to bed when the moderators apologies to Art, to easy!! oh and welcome him to the site... pineapple

But I doubt very much if that will happen, which is pretty bloody sad...

Last edited by Montythechev; 01/17/12 09:45 PM.

Cheers Grant.

Backyard Mechanic
Backyard Mechanic
Hi guys, what's up? I've been changing the starter ring gear on my original 26 Superior V and haven't had time to check the chat page. Anything NEW going on?

I'll be here all week!

ChatMaster - 3,000
ChatMaster - 3,000
...Was wondering what everyone was up to today...And I'm Glad I still don't have a clue...

1947 Fleetmaster Sport Coupe VCCA # 47475

If it's not wearing a Bowtie...It's not properly dressed...!
Backyard Mechanic
Backyard Mechanic
Gidday 3rdowner,

Oh nothing in particular, but I have noticed and it came to my attention that you used the word "original" in your posting to describe your much loved Chevy which may seem a relatively normal thing to do for some of us BUT!!
The use of such language around these parts of the forum could and might cause an uproar amougst some of the punters so I advise you to tread lightly and ease up on the use of that unsightly word, so how about next time or could I suggest you use the word "restored" instead? There, that sounds much better.. wave

[Linked Image from i710.photobucket.com]

Last edited by Montythechev; 01/18/12 01:16 AM.

Cheers Grant.

Backyard Mechanic
Backyard Mechanic
Can we all be friends now and play nicely with our Chevies!

Backyard Mechanic
Backyard Mechanic
Gidday fellas,

I've had my say, I'm finished, it will be my last posting about this issue and to those website moderators involved you disappoint me no end to completely walk over the top of people like "Art" but I won't sit by and let a lovely bloke be pushed around by a certain few, you can call it, coat it over or gloss it up however you want, but its just not right and especially not from the ones who set an example...

Oh and still no "Welcome" I see..... Typical, and that right there says it all...

Cheers Grant.

Shade Tree Mechanic
Shade Tree Mechanic

Gentlemen,

And I use the wording very loosly, whats up, whats going on here. I am reading members upset, moderators coming in way over the top, and at the end of the day who wins. Me I would have thought a moderators job was too smooth the waters, keep things calm. What I am seeing here is the people running this show getting stuck into the people that make this site, the posters, not the readers, they are passengers, its the people that post that keep this site alive.

All of you out there just stop for a minute and think about that.

Is this an Uncle Sam versus the Aussies or just plain bad manners.

And as I read previously, we Aussies do stand by our mates, and will speak up when required.

As a boy me dear old dad said watch our for the Yanks son, they will turn on you when you least expect it.

For God's sake some one be man enough to either apologize or back down, or do I have to call President Obama and get him involved.

Thats all for me.

ChatMaster - 10,000
ChatMaster - 10,000
My being accused along with two other moderators of "Moderators going over the top" isn't correct.
We were only doing our perceived duty of correcting a falsehood by the original posting.

The only axe I have to grind is a charge of censorship for the moderator of that forum locking a thread that got completely out of hand and off topic. I think that he was doing his job.

this all started because there a was a posting by a new Chatter II member asking about what an original tool kit looked like and what was in it. That was the topic given, however in the posting the new member of Chatter II that falsely claimed his car was an original with very few miles on it, and a included a link to a website promoting the car as "original" when in fact the car had a frame off restoration, new paint, interior and it is apparent that the car is restored not original,. our moderators pointed out the fact that the car was "Restored" and we believe that it should not be presented as being an "original" car.

Evidently two of the Aussie members got their panties in a wad because of our terminology of "original" vs. "Restored" and objected to the locking of the topic, and believed that locking the topic was CENSORSHIP. I have much respect in both of these Aussies, and their right to post their views, and I ereserve the right to present my views, without the involvement of personalities being involved.
If the members involved decide that the facts don't support all the hype and all of the charges and counter charges have all been stated then the incident can end without any appearances of CENSORSHIP, and we can let the situation come to rest.

I think we have beat this dead horse to pieces! (all of us) Bye.....

Backyard Mechanic
Backyard Mechanic
After reading this, it has made me rethink my membership renewal with VCCA.

Dan

Link Copied to Clipboard
Support The VCCA!

Enjoy the forum? Become a VCCA member! The World's Best Chevrolet and GMC Club!

Member Photos
1964 Chevrolet Impala SS
1964 Chevrolet Impala SS
by DreamChevy, February 17
My 1933 Chevy 2 Dr. Sedan
My 1933 Chevy 2 Dr. Sedan
by 1939Chevy1, November 24
Back on the road 79 years later
2 1927 Chevrolet Trucks
2 1927 Chevrolet Trucks
by 1927TRUCKS, June 7
Who's Online Now
1 members (the toolman), 67 guests, and 24 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Jayhicks, Tomvanhouten, Dads29Chevy, Tractorman, JEC51
18,307 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
aristech, RalphL, tonysk
Forum Statistics
Forums58
Topics59,069
Posts429,046
Members18,307
Most Online1,133
Jan 22nd, 2020

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.