Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#229209 12/31/11 11:27 PM
Shade Tree Mechanic
OP Offline
Shade Tree Mechanic
Today we were pulling out the wire harness in my 27 sedan so we can make a new one. With my head up under the dash I found a thin peace of metal hanging down up above the ignition switch. After I removed it found it was the wiper arm that has been missing. Does any one have a pic of how it mounts to the wiper motor that they can send me . I don't know if it is all there.

Thanks in advance Doug

Filling Station - Chevrolet & GMC Reproduction Parts

Filling Station

Shade Tree Mechanic
OP Offline
Shade Tree Mechanic
I got a better look at the wiper arm today with better light. There is a hole in the shaft on the motor that the arm slips through and the retainer was turned and over the end of the arm. When I turned the retainer it and the spring slide down the arm then with the arm slide through hole then the retainer pushed back up and clipped over the end of wiper shaft.Removed dash panel today to clean and rewire gauges and switches. Need to make a clip to hold oil gauge in place one is broken off.
Next time I'll study it closer before I ask. Doug

ChatMaster - 15,000
ChatMaster - 15,000
Now, don't be one of those rare dudes that reads the instructions before trying to put it together. You probably also stop to get directions instead of mucking around for an hour with the Boss telling you you are lost when in fact you know you are right here!

How Sweet the roar of a Chevy four!
Shade Tree Mechanic
OP Offline
Shade Tree Mechanic
Chipper the instructions are for puting gaskets to spray gasket sealer on or parts on to be painted. I can't read them unless I go find my glasses from where I last left them months ago. I don't know how to ask for directions and guys never get lost. Doug

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.