Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#223980 11/07/11 06:05 PM
KeithJr Offline OP
Grease Monkey
OP Offline
Grease Monkey
In 1972 Chevrolet marketed various vehicles under the "MOD BOD" name. These vehicles had several types of decals applied to the exterior body panels. One was an eagle with the beak starting at the head lights extending to the tail at the tail lights.

I am looking for a set of these decals if available. A graphic artist who worked on the project back in 1972 advised me recently there are no dacals available.

In pricing out a new reproduction decal the graphic artist has advised it would cost $4000 for a one-of or $5,000 for 10 sets of the reproduction decals.

I have three questions related to this matter:

1.) Does anyone know of an original set of the Eagle decals that are for sale?
2.) This truck needs to be repainted as it sat in the AZ sunlight for 20 years and bleached out the existing decal and damaged the paint. A) From a restoration value standpoint, would it be better to keep the faded decal and paint around the decal? B) Or would it be better or equivelent to remove the existing decal and paint the truck then reapply a reproduction decal?
3.) If we elect to do option 2-B above would anyone have an interest in purchasing one of the 10 sets of decals for $1,000?

Wilwood Engineering1955-1957

Willwood Engineering

Wilwood Engineering designs and manufactures high-performance disc brake systems.
Wilwood Engineering, Inc. - 4700 Calle Bolero - Camarillo, CA 93012 - (805) 388-1188

ChatMaster - 15,000
ChatMaster - 15,000
I would suspect that none of the three is the best option. Preserving the truck as best you can is likely the best option. They are only original once and original vehicles are increasing in value faster than any other segment of the old car hobby.

How Sweet the roar of a Chevy four!

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.