Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
ChatMaster - 10,000
ChatMaster - 10,000
Sure Gene, I was just making a "funny"! notice the devil

Life's a long winding trail, love Jesus and ride a good horse!
Join VCCA For Technical Help

VCCA members have access to a list of over 50 Technical Advisors who can help you with your car. It's worth the price of membership! While you can get a lot of information for free in this forum, sometimes the info that you REALLY need is only available from the right person. This is what "The World's Best Chevrolet Club" is all about!

JOIN THE VCCA TODAY!

ChatMaster - 1,500
ChatMaster - 1,500
But MrMack, At our age, after you send in your artical and then it takes two or three months to get into the magazine you'll forget what your sent in and it will be news to you. rolllaugh
Whoa, Gene beat me to it. willy

Last edited by jerrygolf; 08/21/11 10:51 PM. Reason: To add, Whoa ----

I think I'm a fairly wise person because I'm smart enough to realise I'm not too bright.
ChatMaster - 10,000
ChatMaster - 10,000
Ok Jerry, but after 3 years and the other two months getting the magazine and remembering where I left it, I won't even get to read my own article?
Jerry what was your question?

ChatMaster - 3,000
ChatMaster - 3,000
Mack... I just assumed you knew it all by now anyways! The unfortunate thing about history is that it gets lost more often then it gets found! The key is to send in articles for the next generation of members that won't have the 30, 40, or 50 year collection of G&D's that all of us have at home.

Those accustomed to the finest...find it in Chevrolet.
1953 Belair Convertible
1951 2dr Deluxe Sedan
2015 GMC SLE 4X4
ChatMaster - 6,000
ChatMaster - 6,000
Gene,
Yep, makes perfect sense to me. Does too!

What MrMack is saying is that he wants everybody else to send in something so it will be NEW(s) to him. If he writes something, and it is published, then when his "new and improved" G&D finally arrives, he will be reading his own stuff and it will be boring to him. Why bore yourself? See? Logical. idea

I think I'll write something and send it in. I would, but I can't seem to think of a good subject that will be of interest to others without it being boring to me. See, I'm on his wavelength. beermugs

I know! Maybe I'll write something about the time back in the seventies I went to upstate NY to look at a 1941 Chevrolet Cabriolet. It was advertised as having MINOR rust. What an aggravating mess that was! First time I really noted that the definition of words could vary widely (wildly?) across the country. You all let me know. Ok, ok. Bad idea to solicite approval. For me, at least. Still...

Chevgene, maybe it would help if you learned to speak Texan. Out there (or down there, in your case) folks know what each other are thinking or can fill in the blanks. Few words but big you know whats. Every seen those pink thingees they hang underneath the rear of their dually pickups. Texans ain't saying they necessarily represent bull parts. They're a right proud sort. You know.
Charlie computer

BTW: I hope you and your missus are doing well. luv2

ChatMaster - 1,000
ChatMaster - 1,000
I don't understand the "above comment." But I usually go about 50/50 on posted comments.

I was happy to read a note by someone that said something like, "Give it a chance...." But as we say in my biz, "Patience is not part of today's society."

Enjoy the ride
Michael41

Oil Can Mechanic
Oil Can Mechanic
Still like to know what WE are paying our new "professional designer" and "contributing editor"; is this a secret?

ron
EGW Offline
Shade Tree Mechanic
Shade Tree Mechanic
So, send an email to any member of the Board. This is a public chat site, not the members only.....

ChatMaster - 10,000
ChatMaster - 10,000
Thanks for splaining that Charlie, are you and I the only ones around here that understand English? ....

Well, enough of this....I would just like to receive a copy of the dadgum new G&D.

How can I be patient when I have to sit here waiting day after day for the durn thing to be stuffed in my mailbox along with with all that stuff wanting me to buy house A/C and auto extended warrenties, hearing aids, donate to some crazy cause, and credit card refusals......burial insurance, PCH sweepstakes, YOU MAY HAVE WON a MILLION $$$$$$$$.... greenman

I'll probably need that burial insurance before the August issue of the G&D magazine shows up.....

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.