Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Shade Tree Mechanic
OP Offline
Shade Tree Mechanic
Hi,
1932 1/2 ton.
The emblem is flat and the shell has a curve to it.
Should the emblem be bent to fit?
Thank you
Ed

32 1/2 ton panel delivery
55 Cameo
And a Plymouth
Filling Station - Chevrolet & GMC Reproduction Parts

Filling Station

ChatMaster - 750
ChatMaster - 750
These aftermarket emblems look like they all come from one source. Some sellers claim they are cloisonne but I think it's really just paint. Either way it will probably crack if you bend it.

If you have old Chevrolets, other old Chevrolets will find out where you live.
Shade Tree Mechanic
Shade Tree Mechanic
Had the same problem, maybe they fit the 31 stone gaurd okay, but not so good on the radiator shell. Be careful not to over tighten...could also crack the enamel. I don't know the answer, I guess we have to work with we got. It is not good. ??

Cecil

ChatMaster - 750
ChatMaster - 750
Bend it to fit..If you crack cloissone ,take it to a hobby crafter who has a kiln for a rework. blue38

Old cars have always owned me.
Oil Can Mechanic
Oil Can Mechanic
check with jim carter he has some reproduced recent . have seen the protype but not finish product . have tried to bent some others with not much results the finish cracks . hope this helps

Shade Tree Mechanic
OP Offline
Shade Tree Mechanic
Ok, I bent it to fit. I did hear some cracking noise bet I can not see any cracks.
Ed

32 1/2 ton panel delivery
55 Cameo
And a Plymouth
Shade Tree Mechanic
Shade Tree Mechanic
I recently went through the shell emblem thing. Apparently the emblems with a stud soldered on the back fit to the shell. If you have a stone guard the emblem mounts to a plate that is soldered to the screen and will have either one or two spring clips soldered to the back of the emblem. This allows the emblem to be pried off in order to reach the screw that holds the stone guard to the shell at the top. I found that I had somehow lost the mounting plate and had to make one and solder it to the screen. If anyone has an emblem that needs restoration, contact: www.maxwellenamels.com She is very knowlegable and helpful and does excellent work.

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.