Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#213690 07/18/11 04:40 PM
41guy Offline OP
Shade Tree Mechanic
OP Offline
Shade Tree Mechanic
Where would I find definitions for the various categories of users listed under Who's Online? Sure, I can guess what "Registered" means, and I even have a fairly good idea of what a "Guest" is. But what is "Invisible" and "Spider" ?

I think I'd like to be an "Invisible Spider."

Guy

Join VCCA For Technical Help

VCCA members have access to a list of over 50 Technical Advisors who can help you with your car. It's worth the price of membership! While you can get a lot of information for free in this forum, sometimes the info that you REALLY need is only available from the right person. This is what "The World's Best Chevrolet Club" is all about!

JOIN THE VCCA TODAY!

Tech Advisor
ChatMaster - 25,000
Tech Advisor
ChatMaster - 25,000
"Invisible" is when you have your preferences set so that your user name will not appear on the "Who's Online" when you are on Chevy Chatter II.

"Spiders" are used to feed pages to search engines. It's called a spider because it crawls over the Web. Another term for these programs is webcrawler. As soon as the spider sees a link to another page, it fetches the link for a search engine

laugh wink beer2

The Mangy Old Mutt

"If It's Not Junk.....It's Not Treasure!"
ChatMaster - 10,000
ChatMaster - 10,000
Invisble means you can't see them! and a spider crawls all over the web.
Really ........I don'tknow!I ain't into invisable and 8 legged bugs.

Life's a long winding trail, love Jesus and ride a good horse!

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.