Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Oreo Offline OP
Shade Tree Mechanic
OP Offline
Shade Tree Mechanic
I am in the final stages of finishing up the restoration of the truck and need a favor. I need someone to measure the distance from the top of the steering column to the bracket that mounts the column to the dash. We have repainted the column, but noticed a small scratch in the paint that appeared from who knows where. Before sanding and re-shooting the column, would like to know if it will show once its put into the truck, and if it is below the dash mount bracket, no big deal. But if it is above the bracket, back into the spray booth! Anyway, with the cab and everything still disassembled and off the chassis, I can't guess as to this measurement, so if someone could check their own truck and let me know, that would be extremely helpful.
Thanks much!!

Filling Station - Chevrolet & GMC Reproduction Parts

Filling Station

Shade Tree Mechanic
Shade Tree Mechanic
Oreo, It measures 9 7/8" on my '50. Here's a link to a few photos of mine showing the relationship of the bracket to the end of the column. http://talk.classicparts.com/photos/showphoto.php?photo=770&ppuser=5385

Hope this helps.

Ken

Oreo Offline OP
Shade Tree Mechanic
OP Offline
Shade Tree Mechanic
Ken, thanks for the feedback. This is exactly the measurement I needed. Also, great photos-very nice work!

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.