Hey Guys
I have a '51 Chevy wagon so I guess that's why i've been approached by alot of people asking if someone makes a repair kit for the liftgate lock assembly for the 49-54 liftgates and I have to tell them no not that i'm aware of. So now I have taken it upon myself to look for an alternate source for the 49-54 liftgate inside and outside handles with lock assembly.
Now Eckler's Early Chevy has the outside handle with key for $199.99 (isn't that nice) and they state the handle fits 47-57 and that's all they carry just the outside handle.
I just bought and received the 23rd edition of Hollander the Bible of Interchange for 46-56 autos and trucks and do you think I found what I was looking for....Heck No, this manual doesn't cover anything like that.
So here's where you guys come in, do any of you have a GM Interchange manual that covers Chevy, Olds and Pontiac for those years 47-56 or close to those years?, if you do would you look to see if the lift and tailgates are covered and if they are the same?.
You would think someone would make the little cam inside the lock assembly for the liftgate and we wouldn't have to go through all this crap.
I know alot of us just need the the potmetal cam inside but alot of us buy our wagons without the handles or lock assemblies and i'll be damned if i'm going to pay $200 dollars for an outside handle.
Thanks for your help guys
gene