Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Arend Offline OP
Backyard Mechanic
OP Offline
Backyard Mechanic
I was inspired by our dicussion on balancing wheels a couple of months ago and took the wheels off my '26 Touring in order to true them up and balance them. I respoked these wheels myself two years ago and finally drove the car last fall. I found some wobble and one was a bit off centre. I trued these wheels up by mounting them on my wood lathe after taking out the hubs. I wrote about my experiences in The Running Board, our club newsletter. I probably should have added the caution that this method will only be successful if the spokes are pressed in really tight so they don't move which mine were since I pressed them in with a six ton press. You can find the article on page 11. You may also be interested in an article a fellow club member wrote about his experiences driving a 1918 Chevrolet V8 on page 12 of the same issue. You can access our newsletter at: http://clubs.hemmings.com/clubsites/eacc/RB.pdf

Filling Station - Chevrolet & GMC Reproduction Parts

Filling Station

ChatMaster - 3,000
ChatMaster - 3,000
Arend, Another interesting article, thanks for sharing again.

Last edited by jack39rdstr; 02/17/11 05:18 AM.

JACK

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.