Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#191025 12/09/10 09:38 PM
OilSpot Offline OP
Oil Can Mechanic
OP Offline
Oil Can Mechanic
I dont usually ask off topic new car stuff but anyway...

We have a '94 chevy lumina CAR 4 door three point sumthing i guess it's a three speed and the gas pedal sticks right at the point were you want to give it gas. It never sticks open or stays permanently shut, it's just at this starting point were it sticks (like an notch feeling) and this makes the car agressivly learch forward.

I've tryed lubricating the cable and joints but it still sticks. Can anyone direct me to the problem and remedy to correct it?

Thanks

In my shop, quality is a standard, NOT and option.
World's Greatest

Vintage Chevrolet Club of America
"The World's Best Chevrolet Club"
ChatMaster - 25,000
ChatMaster - 25,000
The throttle plate is hanging up in the fuel injection throttle body and this is caused by a sludge build-up. It needs to be cleaned. If the wrong product is used it can harm the mass air flow sensor that is just to the "front" of the throtttle plate. If the mass air flow sensor is removed you can get in there better and do a good job.The are spray cleaners sold just for this purpose but it will need more than just spraying. A little brush will help clean the gunk away.

Gene Schneider
ChatMaster - 750
Online Content
ChatMaster - 750
You will want to take the intake boot off so you can get to the throttle plate than use carb spray, hold open the throttle and clean the back side. An old tooth brush works well to scrub it with. It will start hard when you are done cleaning so hold your foot to the floor till it starts, just like when you flooded a carb.

Dens Chevys 1927 Speedster 1928 coupe 1941street rod 1947Fleetline 4 door 1949 1/2 ton Pickup (sold) 1954 210 4 door 1972 Monte Carlo 2003 Corvette convt..
OilSpot Offline OP
Oil Can Mechanic
OP Offline
Oil Can Mechanic
Thanks guys! I will do this. Now i have to wait for warm weather...IT'S FREEZING OUT THERE. willy computer

ChatMaster - 4,000
ChatMaster - 4,000
Originally Posted by OilSpot
I dont usually ask off topic new car stuff but anyway...it sticks (like an notch feeling) and makes the car agressivly learch forward.

Well good news, Oil Spot! You've got a solution!

However, seeing as how it's so cold and you won't be dealing with this soon, you will hereby be known as "Lurch" until the learching problem is corrected.

You know, Lurch, the tall, shambling, gloomy butler on the Addams Family television series.

So anyway, carry on LURCH.....
auto haha
I hope you understand the devil made me write this....

ChatMaster - 1,000
ChatMaster - 1,000
Hey Bill, you are just a wiz at this posting stuff! beermugs

Sal Orlando
Chat Group Region Member
OilSpot Offline OP
Oil Can Mechanic
OP Offline
Oil Can Mechanic
Everybody's got to blow steam once in a while. I think nuthin of it.

OilSpot Offline OP
Oil Can Mechanic
OP Offline
Oil Can Mechanic
I also wonder if you've ever seen any of my pictures. rolllaugh Your description is almost dead on!

Last edited by OilSpot; 12/10/10 11:45 PM.

ChatMaster - 4,000
ChatMaster - 4,000
Well, good enough Sal and Oil Spot. It was definitely all in fun and I'm glad no one was offended. It's obvious that sometimes I'm typing when I should be doing almost anything else. Have a good wk everybody.

Bill.

PS: Don't forget about me when you're out buying Christmas gifts. I like most everything..... gsanta

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.