Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Shade Tree Mechanic
OP Offline
Shade Tree Mechanic
I plan to add turn signals to my 38 sedan. I found this car on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280580315562&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT

If you look at pix 2,3,4 and 5 (esp. 5), the front turn signal lights are somehow suspended from the headlights. I like this a lot--my car did not come with turn signals, and the ones I usually see are the art deco torpedo type, which must be bolted into the fenders. Bolts mean bolt holes, and I will not do that to my car.
The other option is the logo lites, which are retrofitted onto the bolts holding the bumper. That would be OK--it would not alter my car--but I just like this ebay car better.
Does anybody know where I can find these? I'm guessing they may have fabricated a bracket and plaeed it inside the headlight housing.
By the way, I tried emailing the ebay seller, but it wouldn't go through. I am in USA, and the email tries to route me into ebay Canada.
Any help?

Hall Monitor
ChatMaster - 7,000
Hall Monitor
ChatMaster - 7,000
Those are just accessory lights, some call them hot rod lights. They probably drilled holes in the bottom of the headlight buckets to mount them. Here are similar at the top of the page. The lenses are different. You can get red or amber lenses.

VCCA Member 43216
Save a life, adopt a senior shelter pet.
1938 HB Business Coupe
1953 210 Sedan
ChatMaster - 1,500
ChatMaster - 1,500
glovebox, That is where I intend to mount my front turn signals. I purchased some amber, what we used to call marker lights, from NAPA for the front and some red ones for the rear. These are already on a bracket. I intend to bolt the front ones to the headlight buckets using the brackets as they are. I bent and reshaped the brackets on the red ones so they would bolt up under the tail light using the big bolt that holds the tail light can to the stalk. There is a slot under the stalk where the wire will go so there will be absolutely no alterations to the car. I know they are not fancy chrome but I wanted add-on turn signals as I remember them from the '40's and '50's. These fit the bill perfectly for me. If you would like some photos, send me your email address and I will send them to you. My email address is in my profile. Beamer

Chat Region Member
2017 GMC Canyon
Shade Tree Mechanic
OP Offline
Shade Tree Mechanic
Tiny, thanks for that info. There is a NAPA store nearby--I'll look at the lights and try to figure a way to install them without any drilling.

Shade Tree Mechanic
OP Offline
Shade Tree Mechanic
Sorry, I got mixed up on my reply, and combined a reply for Tiny and Beamer. I guess that's the reason they have a "preview post" button, and I need to start using that.

Shade Tree Mechanic
OP Offline
Shade Tree Mechanic
Thanks, Beamer. I just looked at the NAPA website, but I couldn't find anything like this. If you still have the box the lights came in, maybe you could provide a part number or the name NAPA assigns to this item.
Also I can't access your profile--it says I don't have permission; I imagine I need to beome a VCCA member.

ChatMaster - 1,500
ChatMaster - 1,500
glovebox, I do have the boxes but I thought I threw the cardboards that came in them away. Fortunately, I found one. I emailed you the number on it plus I sent you a bunch of photos of my lights. I don't know if you will see this or your email first but in either case, you will be alerted to what's going on. Beamer

Last edited by Beamer; 11/01/10 10:43 AM.

Chat Region Member
2017 GMC Canyon
ChatMaster - 1,500
ChatMaster - 1,500
glovebox, There has been a big snafu somehow and I sent the photos to someone else as the result of their sending me a PM. I sent you a PM that tells all about it as well as giving you my email address. Sorry about all the confusion. Beamer

Chat Region Member
2017 GMC Canyon
Shade Tree Mechanic
Shade Tree Mechanic
You should have no problem logging into ebay.ca to send that fellow a message , the ebay account works regardless of the site it was created on.

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.