Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
langer Offline OP
Backyard Mechanic
OP Offline
Backyard Mechanic
Does anyone know where I can get the aluminum rail that the rain gutter attaches to for a 29 4 door? I have tried the FS and a couple of the other suppliers to no avail. The piece that I took off of my car is was nailed to the bottom of the top where the material ends. The rain gutter is then pushed onto or into the piece to snap into place. When I took it off, the aluminum came off in somewhat of a C shape and the back of the rain gutter has a modified hammer shape in the middle of it's backside that fits into the opening of the C. If that makes sense and you know where I can obtain some of the channel I would greatly appreciate knowing where that may be.

Erik Langhofer
Phoenix, Az.
Filling Station - Chevrolet & GMC Reproduction Parts

Filling Station

Tech Advisor
ChatMaster - 25,000
Tech Advisor
ChatMaster - 25,000
Don't believe that the channel is available so you might have to end up restoring what you have.

laugh wink beer2

The Mangy Old Mutt

"If It's Not Junk.....It's Not Treasure!"
langer Offline OP
Backyard Mechanic
OP Offline
Backyard Mechanic
I was afraid of that. In the mean time I will keep looking. Was the description clear enough to get the picture? It appears as though there are several out there to accommodate the different years and each are a bit different from the others.

Erik Langhofer
Phoenix, Az.
Backyard Mechanic
Backyard Mechanic
I bought the drip rails for my 1930 coupe from a guy who lived on Long Island, NY and moved to California. I also bought the trim that holds the fabric top in place. Both A-1 products.
It was about 15 years ago and I don't have his name or address, maybe someone else on this forum remembers him. Hope this helps.

karl

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.