Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
EXSSFUN Offline OP
Shade Tree Mechanic
OP Offline
Shade Tree Mechanic
Below is a link to view some photos taken at the 34th Middle West Meet last week. Rain on Tuesday didn't spoil the tour too much. Perfect weather on Wednesday for judging, and the tour on Thursday was very enjoyable.
Enjoy the photos taken on judging day.
Tim

http://s833.photobucket.com/albums/zz258/SkyCloneLars/34th%20Middle%20West%20Meet%20-%20VCCA/

Tim Larson

VCCA Tech Advisor: 1967, 1968, 1969 Camaro
ChatMaster - 750
ChatMaster - 750
Tim,
Thanks for posting the photos. Much appreciated. It was a great meet, well organized and well done.

ChatMaster - 4,000
ChatMaster - 4,000
Tim,

Nice to view the pictures of the Middle West Meet you posted yesterday. It's always fun to see cars from other areas. It was fun to see your 1966 'exssfun' Roadster again. Great car!

Also checked out your pictures from previous M. W. Meets. Still get a kick out of that aerial view of Chev Gene's 57 Nomad. What a beauty!

Well anyway, thanks again for posting the pix from this year's M. W. meet.

Bill.

EXSSFUN Offline OP
Shade Tree Mechanic
OP Offline
Shade Tree Mechanic
Thanks Bill. It was a good meet even if the numbers were down. There were a few regulars that weren't in attendance, but on the other hand there were some new people that were great to meet.

I still laugh about that photo of Gene's Nomad. We had climbed a statue at last years meet and all of the sudden we hear a bunch of horn honking and yelling and it's Gene down below!!
Have a great summer. Tim

Tim Larson

Shade Tree Mechanic
Shade Tree Mechanic
Thanks for posting the pictures Tim, I was hoping someone would share them as I was unfortunately unable to attend due to work schedule, so I'm planning to make it to the Central Meet.
I also look forward to the Anniversary Meet next year, and have already requested the week off!

Brad Adcock
Director NIR of VCCA
1960 Impala Sport Sedan
1962 Impala Sport Coupe
EXSSFUN Offline OP
Shade Tree Mechanic
OP Offline
Shade Tree Mechanic
We missed seeing you there Brad, but understand the work thing! We are looking forward to Flint too...see you there.
Tim

Tim Larson

ChatMaster - 4,000
ChatMaster - 4,000
Sounds like "climbing a statue" is a whole 'nother story. Hmmmm.... Anyway, quite a picture of Gene's Nomad.

I'm curious about your "attedance numbers down" comment, Tim. I don't care about "exact" numbers; but just in round numbers I wonder how many cars this year compared to about how many cars in the last few years??? Thanks!

Bill.

EXSSFUN Offline OP
Shade Tree Mechanic
OP Offline
Shade Tree Mechanic
Bill, here are some round numbers from the meet:
around 75 total registrants
30 cars judged (Jr, Sr, Pres)
5 HPOCF
6 CDPC
around 15-18 do not judge

Past years we would pull WELL OVER 100 registrants and a whole lot more cars to be judged. Have noticed in the past few years the amount of Do Not Judge is growing.

Judging 30 cars sure didn't take too long! But it is more of a challenge to form teams.

By the way the statue was called "Herman the German"
Have a great week!
Tim

Tim Larson

ChatMaster - 3,000
ChatMaster - 3,000
It looks like VCCA is becoming more of a Touring Club than a judging club. Almost every tour fills to capacity.

See you Touring the Back Roads

Joined VCCA June 1, 1961
Tech Advisor
ChatMaster - 25,000
Tech Advisor
ChatMaster - 25,000
And...that is the way it should be. Cars were made to be driven and I have also noticed that many VCCA members are now shying away from the judging and doing tours instead. Tours are more fun!!!

laugh wink beer2

The Mangy Old Mutt

"If It's Not Junk.....It's Not Treasure!"
EXSSFUN Offline OP
Shade Tree Mechanic
OP Offline
Shade Tree Mechanic
I totally agree about driving. Drove the car to the meet, did both tours that were offered plus had the car judged!

Tim Larson

Shade Tree Mechanic
Shade Tree Mechanic
You are all right! I think there is nothing finer than cruising down the road with other old cars . I have driven both my cars to VCCA Meets, toured and had them certified. I will be taking my 62 to Central meet in Indiana in a few weeks. Not sure if should re certify or just go tour,unfortunately looks like they only have a short tour.
I will say the older cars do have limitations, as I have driven to South Dakota in my 62 in 2 days from Chicago twice and have found you can do a lot of repairs in the Holiday Inn parking lot.
It is quite a feat to drive, tour & have a car that can show in 1000 point judging like you do Tim,and your car is beautiful. ( Ever do Bloomington Gold with your Vette? Vettes and Vendors started coming into town I work in today fur this weekends show.)

Brad Adcock
Director NIR of VCCA
1960 Impala Sport Sedan
1962 Impala Sport Coupe
ChatMaster - 3,000
ChatMaster - 3,000
The entire atmosphere is friendlier at touring events compared to judging events. Everyone is there to have fun and enjoy driving their Chevies. The parking lot tire kicking is another good part. Is it time to have a large National Tour between Anniversary Meets? Just food for thought.

See you Touring the Back Roads

Joined VCCA June 1, 1961
Backyard Mechanic
Backyard Mechanic
Hey Tim,
Brad and I really wanted to go to the MWM this year.Unfortunately by the time I received final word at work that I could roll it was to late!
I even called near end of May/June 1st to beg for late reg for Brad and I and was told by
the contact Gal(don't remember her name off hand)no way !!Oh well wasn't meant to be I guess.Missed seeing you guys this year.

Brad and I did get vacation for the July Central Meet next month,so we'll go there.Going to HPOCF the unrestored '70.
Take care,Jim Downum NIR Secretary

EXSSFUN Offline OP
Shade Tree Mechanic
OP Offline
Shade Tree Mechanic
Jim,
Missed seeing you at the MWM. I'm surprised you weren't able to get in, like in my previous post, numbers were down. There was plenty of room! I wasn't involved in organizing this meet. Good luck and have a great time at the Central Meet, they always put on a good one. Hope to see you in Flint next year!
Tim

Tim Larson

Backyard Mechanic
Backyard Mechanic
Originally Posted by EXSSFUN
Jim,
Missed seeing you at the MWM. I'm surprised you weren't able to get in, like in my previous post, numbers were down. There was plenty of room! I wasn't involved in organizing this meet. Good luck and have a great time at the Central Meet, they always put on a good one. Hope to see you in Flint next year!
Tim
Hi Tim,
I spoke to meet reg contact Nancy Bechler.She said absolutely no way as it would take 3 hours of extra time that she couldn't spare at that point.That's fair,I can understand the time crunch.I did tell we'd pay the late fees no problem,and that we had confirmed hotel res at host hotel.Still no dice<g>.That said,I do not see any deadline date on the registration,like the Central Meet has.Don't get me wrong,we are not complaining.Timing just didn't work out on our end.Too bad I didn't know meet registration/attendance was down that much from 2009.I would have kept begging :)
Flint will be pure Chevy Heaven!Can't wait......Jim

Shade Tree Mechanic
Shade Tree Mechanic
As it turns out my work schedule is better suited to be off for the central meet anyway. Defiantly going to Flint, ready to call in room reservation and I have already requested the time off at work.... assuming still employed. Now I need to work on my wife to see if she's willing to drive one of my cars, then we can bring them both!

Brad Adcock
Director NIR of VCCA
1960 Impala Sport Sedan
1962 Impala Sport Coupe
EXSSFUN Offline OP
Shade Tree Mechanic
OP Offline
Shade Tree Mechanic
Jim,
It's too bad you weren't allowed to register. We've run a few of these and at that date we would of let you in as long as you paid the late fee. The worst case would be some events might be full, or there might not be a trophy for you! At the last Anniversary Meet in Grand Junction, we were registering people at the door!! Enough said, it's water under the bridge. Have a good time at the Central Meet and look forward to seeing you in Flint.
Tim

Tim Larson

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.