Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Grease Monkey
OP Offline
Grease Monkey
Help!!!! I guess I posted in the wrong spot a few days ago because I got no responses...I am presently restoring the engine compartment of my 1964 Corvair. I have been killing myself trying to refinish rusty bolts but I really don’t want to use hardware store stock because they look wrong. While going through older posts I saw a post from Underhoodboltkit.com, they seem to offer complete “underhood bolt kits”. I was wondering if any of you have ordered from them or have any experience with their products. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

As a follow up....I did contact Underhoodboltkit.com and they guaranteed me that these are show correct OEM style and specially made for each car. They also said that “if we don’t have a kit you can send us photos of the under hood a sample of each bolt and how many you need and we will make a kit for you and give you 25% off. We do this to add to our catalog of accurate bolt kits.” The guy that responded to my email was Todd and he said that he has had first place cars at the AACA Nationals, grand nationals and some Concours shows and always used these bolts. He also mentioned that the car on their site is his fathers ’53 Buick and has gotten a National first Junior and Senior at Hershey.

Still does anyone have any advice on this?

Thanks,
Corvair64

Become a Member!

JOIN THE VCCA and get access to the member-only features of the forum, including the ability to upload photos. You'll also receive our monthly magazine "Generator & Distributor". Yearly membership as low as $25!

Grease Monkey
Grease Monkey
It's easier to buy the bolt kits, but if you grind your bolt heads on a wire wheel, in most cases they'll look brand new. You can always try that for any bolts you can't find.

Bob Kenison
VCCA #046373
1953 Chevrolet 210 2-door sedan

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.