Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Shade Tree Mechanic
OP Offline
Shade Tree Mechanic
I plan to use my 54 1/2 ton as mostly just a general use pickup, but with a few nice modifications and updates here and there. (It was not stock when I acquired it---has a mid-60's transmission and what I think is an 85 Impala rear end.) I have removed the gas tank from the cab. I intend to get an underbed tank but would prefer not to fill it through the bed. I am looking at an underbed tank from Chevs of the 40's that has a side fill option. It looks like I can probably end up filling it through the fender but that obviously involves some body modifications, which I'm willing to do if that is the best or only option. I would appreciate hearing from folks who have either done the above or some other out of cab placement that has worked for them. All help appreciated. Thanks. Williejoebob

Filling Station - Chevrolet & GMC Reproduction Parts

Filling Station

Shade Tree Mechanic
Shade Tree Mechanic
Look at some pictures of '47 second series and '48 trucks. They came from the factory with frame mounted gas tanks. The filler neck comes through the bed side in front of the fender on the passenger side. A good source for pictures would be the "gallery" section of the Stovebolt website.

Shade Tree Mechanic
OP Offline
Shade Tree Mechanic
Kens 50: Thanks. Will do that. williejoebob

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.