Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#164741 02/08/10 03:30 PM
Shade Tree Mechanic
OP Offline
Shade Tree Mechanic
How do I put a picture of our car next to my name if I don't have a web site from which to download it?

Tried to follow the instructions under FAQ but to no avail.

Tim

Tim
Become a Member!

JOIN THE VCCA and get access to the member-only features of the forum, including the ability to upload photos. You'll also receive our monthly magazine "Generator & Distributor". Yearly membership as low as $25!

ChatMaster - 750
ChatMaster - 750
Tim - go to My Stuff to the left of Active Topics and choose Edit Profile. Choose upload your avatar and click on browse then find the picture you have in your own pictures. As long as it is less than 100 X 90 pixels, it will become your avatar. I reduce mine to 99 X 89 and save it for an avatar. It takes a few minutes to show up, so you might want to log off and log back on again for it to show up. I just changed mine. Good luck,

Roger

Shade Tree Mechanic
OP Offline
Shade Tree Mechanic
Thnks Roger... seems It worked! Before your good explanation/instructions, I thought I had to have the picture on a web site. Guess I didn't know what an avatr was.

Maybe your instructions should be included in the FAQs?

Tim

Tim
Shade Tree Mechanic
OP Offline
Shade Tree Mechanic
Photo for dummies summary:

1. Take a photo of your car, open it with Microsoft Picture. Under "Tools" reduce the size to 100 x 90 pixels.

2. Then go to "My Stuff" to the left of Active Topics and choose "Edit Profile".

3. Choose "upload your avatar" and click on "browse" then find the picture you have in your own pictures. As long as it is less than 100 X 90 pixels, it will become your avatar. It takes a few minutes to show up next to your name

Tim

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.