Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#145332 06/10/09 05:24 PM
karim Offline OP
Grease Monkey
OP Offline
Grease Monkey
My 1950 chevrolet wagon is drawing me in more and more into its restoration to original condiiton with every secret it reveals. I would like to know how i can find out what are its original colors and finishings are.
I would appreciate your help, its very difficult to come by information out here in Egypt.
Thanks

Filling Station - Chevrolet & GMC Reproduction Parts

Filling Station

ChatMaster - 15,000
ChatMaster - 15,000
We will need the paint and trim numbers that are to be found on the data plate. I think it is located under the hood on the upper part of the firewall (metal piece that separates the engine compartment from the passenger compartment).

How Sweet the roar of a Chevy four!
ChatMaster - 25,000
ChatMaster - 25,000
There are reprints of 1950 Chevrolet literature available that will give some information.
Check out.....www.fillingstation.com.....
1950 sales brochure # DG-C50, $8.00, Engineering Manual, CH-22 $15.00, for example.
The station wagon had only one interior color. The exterior had only a limited number of exterior colors. They was a maroon, a dark tan (or light brown), and a gray/green color. All were metallic.
This would be for cars assembled in the US. Export or cars assembled in other countries could be different.

Gene Schneider
Shade Tree Mechanic
Shade Tree Mechanic
Hi
If you just go to this website http://chevy.oldcarmanualproject.com you will find just what your looking for, and the information is free, your lucky you live in one of the most beautiful and historic
places on earth,i hope to travel there someday, How the hell did you come accross a 1950 chevy wagon over in Egypt, did you find it in one of those tombs, just kidding, anyway good luck with your car.
You came to the right spot to get good honest questions answered, the guys here are very reliable and they know thier stuff.
My Regards
Gene

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.