Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Shade Tree Mechanic
OP Offline
Shade Tree Mechanic
When I purchased my 34 half ton a few years ago, someone had started an interior "restoration," sort of. While I have my truck down doing other things, I thought I'd see about trying to get the interior a little closer to original. I have some questions and if anyone knows any of the answers, I would appreciate hearing from you. 1. Was there any kind of mat on the floor and interior firewall area, or was it just painted wood? 2. If just painted, what color? 3. Were there kick panels, or is the inside of the metal body visible from the interior? 4. If kick panels, material and color? 5. What about the rest of the interior "skin" in the cab, including the roof (ceiling) and behind the seat? All help very much appreciated. williejoebob

Filling Station - Chevrolet & GMC Reproduction Parts

Filling Station

Oil Can Mechanic
Oil Can Mechanic
i will try to answer your questions the 34-35 truck expert died a while back and we miss him . first there is no kick panels even though mine has kick panels . the interior color is a dark green seats etc. there is a card board head liner with two metal strips on the ribs to hold the center .the back of the cab is bare except for around the window and the reciept pocket on the driver side is bare . the door panels are black along with the dash and front window frame . there is no firewall matt but had a floor matt . i gave my patterns to some one dont remember who . hope this helps there is a interior picture in the truck gold book i dont have one if you write bob hensel he may send you one

Shade Tree Mechanic
OP Offline
Shade Tree Mechanic
Pushrod: I can't thank you enough. That information has been hard to come by.

When you say "the back of the cab is bare except for around the window...," what is around the window?

And mine did not have the map pocket, where was that and any idea where I might start to look for one?

Last (for now at least) so, if I am understanding you correctly, where kick panels are in other trucks, I take it there were none on the 34s, and you could just see the metal inside of the body panel?

Thanks again. Williejoebob

Oil Can Mechanic
Oil Can Mechanic
you can see the backside of the metal . the pocket is made of sheet metal on the driver side about the hight of the rear seat and nailed in . inoticed you did not enter your vcca no . in your profile . you will get more responce by joining a first class club all through the years i have learned from other club members plus there is a great magazine every month not three or four times a year it itself is worth the dues hope this helps

Shade Tree Mechanic
OP Offline
Shade Tree Mechanic
Pushrod: Thanks again. I think I recently let my VCCA membership lapse. Appreciate the advice.

What about around the back window, if you happen to know.

williejoebob

Grease Monkey
Grease Monkey
I have some drawings of the interior that should be very helpful. Jim Payne shared these with me when I was at his house that year. Today's happen to be 35 pickup man's birthday too. Mike
http://community.webshots.com/album/572786374HhsRVY?start=0

Last edited by Grizzly34s; 06/02/09 04:51 PM.
Shade Tree Mechanic
OP Offline
Shade Tree Mechanic
Mike: I just "tuned " back in and noticed your post. That is great information, some of which I have been trying to nail down for a very long time. Thanks very much.

williejoebob

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.