Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#125446 08/16/08 10:41 AM
Mahi Offline OP
Grease Monkey
OP Offline
Grease Monkey
I want to refurbish the wheel / brake assemblies; there is slight surface rust on them from sitting up. I also have everything to rebuild the brake assemblies. Naval jelly? Media blast? Soda blast? Powdercoat when cleaned? Any advie is appreciated. Thanks

Filling Station - Chevrolet & GMC Reproduction Parts

Filling Station

ChatMaster - 15,000
ChatMaster - 15,000
Id depends on what is available in your area and what they charge. Or what you feel comfortable doing your self.

If sent out for powder coating, any good company will prepare the parts for coating. So no need for blasting or cleaning on your part. If grease free or can be made grease free then you can use one of the single stage urethanes like POR 15. They are not UV stable coatings but that is not a big issue on chassis parts that don't see much direct sunlight. All you have to do is remove the loose rust and oil and grease. I use a brush but it can be applied by spraying. Looks good when applied and for years after as long as not in direct sunlight. Tough as "Woodpecker lips" too.

How Sweet the roar of a Chevy four!

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.